Stoke on Trent
THG is a fast-moving, global technology business that specialises in taking brands direct to consumers. Our world-class proprietary tech and infrastructure powers our extensive portfolio of beauty, nutrition and lifestyle brands and is now helping drive exponential growth of our clients’ brands globally.
We’re powered by a global team of over 7,000 ambitious people around the world. Our culture is fast-paced and entrepreneurial, it’s this DNA that has supported our incredible growth.
We’re always looking for individuals that can bring fresh and innovative thinking to THG, and play a part in driving the group forward on its exciting journey. So, if you’re ready to take the next big step in your career, challenge yourself every day and evolve with the world around you, THG is ready for you.
Overall Purpose: Create and develop new and existing products for customers in support of the company’s sales strategy, ensuring only quality, safe and legal products are created and supplied. The Application Technologist is responsible for driving innovation for new and existing product and supporting the company’s growth.
Key Accountabilities and Tasks:
- New product development, create formulations for customers and potential customers
- Analyse and consolidate market research and consumer insights
- Improve existing products, working to raw materials cost guidelines
- Build knowledge of relevant technologies and new ingredients in order to offer customers new solutions
- Product matching for example of existing market products
- Quality checks on flavours and colours – sensory testing, triangle tests, aroma tests and creating and recording sensory sheets
- Customer liaison as appropriate including customer visits and occasional attendance at exhibitions
- Create and despatch sample requests to customers
- Order samples and specifications from suppliers
- Preference testing
- Cleaning and maintaining standards of the equipment and the laboratory
- Any other duties commensurate with the role and within the role capability
Key Skills & Experience
- Numerate and literate with excellent communication skills
- Able to deliver clear and concise ideas to both colleagues and customers
- Effective project management and planning skills
- Proactive and organised with strong time management, meticulous attention to details and a proven ability to multi task
- Able to work well under pressure and deliver to strict deadlines
- Able to carry out responsibilities with minimal supervision and thrive both on own initiative and as part of a team
Because of the high volumes of applications our opportunities attract, it sometimes takes us time to review and consider them all. We endeavour to respond to every application we receive within 14 days. If you haven't heard from us within that time frame or should you have any specific questions about this or other applications for positions at THG please contact one of our Talent team to discuss further.
THG is committed to creating a diverse & inclusive environment and hence welcomes applications from all sections of the community.
Apply for this job