Night Shift Manager
THG is a fast-moving, global technology business that specialises in taking brands direct to consumers. Our world-class proprietary tech and infrastructure powers our extensive portfolio of beauty, nutrition and lifestyle brands and is now helping drive exponential growth of our clients’ brands globally.
We’re powered by a global team of over 7,000 ambitious people around the world. Our culture is fast-paced and entrepreneurial, it’s this DNA that has supported our incredible growth.
We’re always looking for individuals that can bring fresh and innovative thinking to THG, and play a part in driving the group forward on its exciting journey. So, if you’re ready to take the next big step in your career, challenge yourself every day and evolve with the world around you, THG is ready for you.
To manage day to day activities across the production units, ensuring optimum production performance, efficiency, quality and safety. Ensuring standards and correct procedures are always adhered to.
- Actively promote a safety culture ensuring that H&S requirements such as ‘Near Miss’ and ‘Accident’ reporting and investigating are carried out effectively. Carry out Risk Assessments where required. Understand, apply and ensure the team know, understand and comply with Safe Systems of Work (SSOW).
- To maintain standards of quality, food safety, hygiene and housekeeping within their areas of control, ensuring compliance with all relevant legal, customer and business policies and procedures.
- Involvement in the selection process for direct reports. Responsible for the recruitment of the right calibre of people for the levels below direct reports. Owns training and development of individuals within their areas to enable progression to resource growth or to replace current roles, ensuring that the necessary skills are in place at all levels across the business units. Ensures timely management of attendance, disciplinary and performance management issues through their direct reports, supporting, managing and developing others as required.
- To ensure delivery of agreed KPI’s within their areas of control, delegating actions through the team, making sure that KPI’s are understood and systems are in place to collect the necessary data to measure performance against the agreed KPI’s and delivery sustainable improvements.
- To consistently achieve or exceed agreed performance targets for their areas of control.
- Support and develop a Factory culture where individuals feel able to challenge the status quo and encourage feedback from all levels. Support and implement change processes within their area.
- Plan, organise and measure labour and material requirements within their area to ensure that agreed targets are met.
- To ensure that the workforce in their areas are well informed and develop effective cross functional links and communications.
- To represent the company in a professional manner at all times with both internal & external customers.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
- Background within a fast moving manufacturing operation - some experience within food industry.
- Leadership skills and proven success in team management.
- Ability to encourage and motivate team members to deliver the very best performance.
- Results and continuous improvement focused with the ability to remain calm during periods of pressure.
- Highly organised, and self motivated, along with great drive to get the job done.
- Strong planning and communication skills.
- IT Literate.
Because of the high volumes of applications our opportunities attract, it sometimes takes us time to review and consider them all. We endeavour to respond to every application we receive within 14 days. If you haven't heard from us within that time frame or should you have any specific questions about this or other applications for positions at THG please contact one of our Talent team to discuss further.
THG is committed to creating a diverse & inclusive environment and hence welcomes applications from all sections of the community.
Apply for this job