National Account Manager - Myprotein USA
New York, USA
THG is a fast-moving, global technology business that specialises in taking brands direct to consumers. Our world-class proprietary tech and infrastructure powers our extensive portfolio of beauty, nutrition and lifestyle brands and is now helping drive exponential growth of our clients’ brands globally.
We’re powered by a global team of over 10,000 ambitious people around the world. Our culture is fast-paced and entrepreneurial, it’s this DNA that has supported our incredible growth.
We’re always looking for individuals that can bring fresh and innovative thinking to THG, and play a part in driving the group forward on its exciting journey. So, if you’re ready to take the next big step in your career, challenge yourself every day and evolve with the world around you, THG is ready for you.
THG Nutrition & Wellness:
THG Nutrition & Wellness is home to some of the best loved and most trusted names in wellbeing and nutrition, including Myprotein, the world's largest online sports nutrition brand, its family of brands, Myvegan, Myvitamins, Command, MP Activewear and MyPRO, plus Exante Diet.
We want to be the world's most empowering health movement, championing everyone to live healthier, more active lives. Our brands and people exist to break boundaries, to power and empower those who want more. We break conventions, we’re a force for good, and we keep it real. These are the values that drive us through every day.
Everything we do is done in-house, from manufacturing and new product development to content creation, e-commerce, marketing and logistics. This means we’re perfectly positioned to deliver to our vision and keep our place at the top of a fast-moving, global industry.
It's an incredibly exciting time to join the team, and we’re always looking for talented people who share our vision and values to drive our Nutrition & Wellness movement forward.
NATIONAL ACCOUNT MANAGER - Myprotein USA
Base Location: Lower Manhattan, New York
About the role:
Based out of our USA Office in Lower Manhattan, New York, We are looking for an experienced National Account Manager who will have the opportunity to be part of THG’s Nutrition Division success journey and truly influence the retail agenda in the US market. You will be responsible for driving and executing on additional revenue streams linked to the Myprotein brand and working strategically to add value for our retail partners.
This will include leading the B2B retail strategy and partner identification with whom we can develop a tried and tested range. You will be an expert presenter who can influence external buying teams, demonstrating how our brand will drive incrementality within their stores and category, building a solid pipeline of submissions leading to ranges and sales and ensuring best in class execution and activation for all retail launches.
The initial focus will be on the US market, with further partnership expansion into further markets following proven results.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Build strong and sustainable customer relationships within the sports nutrition, healthy snacking and OTG Impulse categories within the US retail market
- Build a credible range pipeline focussed on growing sales and brand share within the grocery and online instant retail space
- Negotiate effectively with your customer to agree trade terms, trade funding, and counterparts according to the UL strategy on your categories.
- Develop and deliver the customer strategic business plans working closely with the category, brand, trading, and retail team
- Manage promotional and non-promotional investments with the customer and ensure all agreements are properly documented and stored through annual joint business planning agreements
- Manage the launch of new products with customers; selling of the range, providing samples and launch plans including effective and eye-catching activation plans agreed with the social and marketing teams
- Manage the customer P&L for your customers and the overall level of customer investment
- Manage in-month sales performance vs forecast working closely with the planning and operations teams
- Work with the commercial team to manage accruals and pricing accurately and efficiently
- Manage the entire retailer workflow from the ground up, including forecasting, business planning for key submission dates and sales updates to internal stakeholders
- Delivery of required admin for the customer including pricing, rebates, NLF and promo proposals
- Located or able to relocate to New York USA
- Have the right to work in the USA
- 3 years’ + experience with Sales or Business Development (B2B)
- Experience in the sports nutrition or CPG sector would be strongly advantageous
- Existing relationships with US retailers
- Can manage full 360 sales process from prospecting new business, to processing orders, documentation and after sales service.
- Positive, can-do attitude that spreads throughout the organization, even during stressful situations
- Possess a high level of commitment and positive energy in everything that you take on
- Thrives and succeeds in a culture that is fast moving, sometimes hectic but always positive and solution oriented
What's on offer:
- $110,000 - $125,000 per annum
- Discretionary bonus scheme, subject to company & personal performance
- Discounts across THG Brands
- Other benefits
Because of the high volumes of applications our opportunities attract, it sometimes takes us time to review and consider them all. We endeavour to respond to every application we receive within 14 days. If you haven't heard from us within that time frame or should you have any specific questions about this or other applications for positions at THG please contact one of our Talent team to discuss further.
THG is committed to creating a diverse & inclusive environment and hence welcomes applications from all sections of the community.
Apply for this job