Management Accountant - THG Commerce
Finance & Fraud
Icon 1, M90 5AA
THG is a fast-moving, global technology business that specialises in taking brands direct to consumers. Our world-class proprietary tech and infrastructure powers our extensive portfolio of beauty, nutrition and lifestyle brands and is now helping drive exponential growth of our clients’ brands globally.
We’re powered by a global team of over 10,000 ambitious people around the world. Our culture is fast-paced and entrepreneurial, it’s this DNA that has supported our incredible growth.
We’re always looking for individuals that can bring fresh and innovative thinking to THG, and play a part in driving the group forward on its exciting journey. So, if you’re ready to take the next big step in your career, challenge yourself every day and evolve with the world around you, THG is ready for you.
Location: Icon 1, M90 5AA
About the Finance Division:
Finance at THG is a rapidly growing and evolving team, covering all areas of finance from central functions such as accounts receivable and payable, treasury, tax and internal audit, to specific commercial teams for each of our divisions; Beauty, Tech, Consumer, Health and Brands. As the business expands and takes on new challenges in the form of acquired businesses or new ventures, finance is there to support every step of the way, leading to dynamic and challenging roles – no two days are the same! Common characteristics among our team are the ability to drive change, adaptability and resourcefulness, to ensure we can keep pace with the business, without compromising on financial control or sales performance.
About the Role
This role is a varied role within the Ingenuity finance team, reporting directly to the Financial Controller, the Management Accountant will be responsible for the monthly management accounts for THG Commerce including balance sheet reconciliations, variance analysis and commentary, and adhering to deadlines.
- Financial control of month end processes, producing monthly P&L for Marketing Recharges.
- Develop and implement strong controls and procedures, providing a strong base for the continued rapid growth of the business.
- Month end duties including posting journals, ensuring correct cost/revenue allocations for client.
- Balance sheet reconciliations in line with the month end timetable and balance sheet variance analysis.
- Manage all aspects of revenue balance sheet reconciliations and billing of clients.
- Supporting the Financial Controller with improving finance reports and processes.
- Assist with External and Internal Audits.
- Analyse monthly performance and understanding key underlying business trends to support continuous financial and operational improvement, delivering on the wider groups profit improvement, and working capital initiatives.
- Challenge existing and develop new financial processes to ensure timely and accurate reporting, creating workflow efficiencies where possible.
- Consistently and accurately meeting internal and external deadlines.
- Helping to pass on your experience and knowledge to trainee accountants within the wider team, thus maintaining the continuing ethos of the company to improve and promote within.
- Initiator of change including mapping and documentation of business and system processes.
- AAT qualified and studying towards CIMA/ACCA
- Minimum 3 years’ experience of core management accounting.
- Advanced MS Office skills, particularly excel.
- Experience of interacting across all levels of the organisation including dealing with non-finance people to gather relevant information.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Enthusiasm to take on new challenges that will develop your career.
- Experience using Sage would be advantageous.
- Worked in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong IT skills and the ability to develop and propose new systems.
- Strong motivational and innovative skills, with a "can do" attitude.
- Self-motivated with a high degree of drive and enthusiasm.
- Competitive salary
- Onsite Doctor
- Employee discounts
- Gym Discounts
- Company bonus scheme
- Company pension scheme
THG is proud to be a Disability Confident Committed employer. If you are invited to interview, please let us know if there are any reasonable adjustments we can make to the recruitment process that will enable you to perform to the best of your ability.
Because of the high volumes of applications our opportunities attract, it sometimes takes us time to review and consider them all. We endeavour to respond to every application we receive within 14 days. If you haven't heard from us within that time frame or should you have any specific questions about this or other applications for positions at THG please contact one of our Talent team to discuss further.
THG is committed to creating a diverse & inclusive environment and hence welcomes applications from all sections of the community.
Apply for this job