Management Accountant - Ingenuity
Finance & Fraud
THG is a fast-moving, global technology business that specialises in taking brands direct to consumers. Our world-class proprietary tech and infrastructure powers our extensive portfolio of beauty, nutrition and lifestyle brands and is now helping drive exponential growth of our clients’ brands globally.
We’re powered by a global team of over 10,000 ambitious people around the world. Our culture is fast-paced and entrepreneurial, it’s this DNA that has supported our incredible growth.
We’re always looking for individuals that can bring fresh and innovative thinking to THG, and play a part in driving the group forward on its exciting journey. So, if you’re ready to take the next big step in your career, challenge yourself every day and evolve with the world around you, THG is ready for you.
Location: Icon 1, M90 5AA
About the Finance Division:
Finance at THG is a rapidly growing and evolving team, covering all areas of finance from central functions such as accounts receivable and payable, treasury, tax and internal audit, to specific commercial teams for each of our divisions; Beauty, Tech, Consumer, Health and Brands. As the business expands and takes on new challenges in the form of acquired businesses or new ventures, finance is there to support every step of the way, leading to dynamic and challenging roles – no two days are the same! Common characteristics among our team are the ability to drive change, adaptability and resourcefulness, to ensure we can keep pace with the business, without compromising on financial control or sales performance.
About the Role
This role is a varied role within the Ingenuity finance team, reporting directly to the Ingenuity Group Financial Controller. Whilst the role will naturally involve some traditional management accountant responsibilities, there is scope to get involved in projects across the wider Ingenuity Group.
- Full ownership of the Ingenuity Central P&L, including month end prepayments, accruals and balance sheet reconciliations.
- Ownership of the weekly forecasting process for the Ingenuity Central P&L, alongside supporting the GFC with budgeting and reforecasting.
- Preparation of monthly analysis to explain variances to budget and prior year.
- Business partnering with the IT Director and Procurement Director to understand variances to budget and support strong cost control in these areas.
- Ownership of the Ingenuity Internal Revenue calculations and billing process to ensure all contractual services are invoiced accurately and on time.
- Produce audit quality balance sheet recs, and support the GFC to ensure group reconciliations are best in class.
- Develop and improve processes to increase efficiencies within the month end activities.
- Ad hoc project work to support the growth and evolution of the group.
- Previous management accounts experience is desirable.
- Part-Qualified / Newly Qualified Accountant (ACA, ACCA or CIMA)
- Self-starter, with the ability to ask ‘why’ and challenge when necessary to ensure P&L accuracy.
- Experience within a dynamic, fast paced environment.
- Strong planning and organisational skills with proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Analytical thinker with a controls focused mindset.
- Experience working with payroll information preferred, although not essential
- High level of attention to detail
- Strong communication skills
- Competitive salary
- Onsite Doctor
- Employee discounts
- Gym Discounts
- Company bonus scheme
- Company pension scheme
THG is proud to be a Disability Confident Committed employer. If you are invited to interview, please let us know if there are any reasonable adjustments we can make to the recruitment process that will enable you to perform to the best of your ability.
Because of the high volumes of applications our opportunities attract, it sometimes takes us time to review and consider them all. We endeavour to respond to every application we receive within 14 days. If you haven't heard from us within that time frame or should you have any specific questions about this or other applications for positions at THG please contact one of our Talent team to discuss further.
THG is committed to creating a diverse & inclusive environment and hence welcomes applications from all sections of the community.
Apply for this job