Finance & Fraud
THG is a fast-moving, global technology business that specialises in taking brands direct to consumers. Our world-class proprietary tech and infrastructure powers our extensive portfolio of beauty, nutrition and lifestyle brands and is now helping drive exponential growth of our clients’ brands globally.
We’re powered by a global team of over 7,000 ambitious people around the world. Our culture is fast-paced and entrepreneurial, it’s this DNA that has supported our incredible growth.
We’re always looking for individuals that can bring fresh and innovative thinking to THG, and play a part in driving the group forward on its exciting journey. So, if you’re ready to take the next big step in your career, challenge yourself every day and evolve with the world around you, THG is ready for you.
To focus on accurate and detailed analysis of all financial data driving profitability to Net Margin, by Title, Platform, Customer. A key focus of the role is the analytical review of all titles licensed to the business.
The Business Partner is responsible for the final review of all incoming data driving Revenue, CoGS and Direct costs and to provide the highest level of accuracy for analysis through out the business. To act as a business partner to both the content team and assist in Business Affairs in the calculation of comp titles.
Acting as direct influence/aid to the performance management of the Sales Team and accurate and timely Royalty calculations.
Key development is to gain a deep understanding of the commercial side of the business to aid better scrutiny of all incoming data by looking at trends, pricing, rights available, etc.
- The setting up of all new titles in BC365 as projects, using the key identifier from Rightstracker as the project no.to ensure consistency. This is on the approval of a Capex/Budget set within Asana.
- Setting up BUDGETS by category in BC365 for each live Project in line with approved budget/CAPEX as set in Asana
- Ensuring “title bible” is kept up to date to act as main source of information for title dimensions and release dates
- First review of all new title / contract budgets checking all costs are in line with previous like titles.
- Acting as the absolute authority (gatekeeper) , and guaranteeing the accuracy of posting within BC365 on cost or revenue transactions, whether import or manual by category, platform, title, territory.
- Work with business affairs from a commercial perspective, identifying opportunities
- Work with Business Affairs in prep of comp titles and an aid as part of the budget process.
- Prepare cost centre report for use by the cost committee and implementing any changes to data that may be required through analytical review, identifying where costs savings could be made.
- To hold monthly meetings with key stakeholders to review monthly releases
- Work with Operations to ensure all pricing is reviewed.
- Sales Reporting: quarterly, monthly (full), reporting to be made available to all areas of the business, by each platform, or designated dimension
- Ensure timely and accurate transactional listing per titles provided to the royalty’s accountant for royalties reporting purposes
- Provide monthly analysis on manufacture and distribution costs and suggest appropriate action if required.
- Run all reports as per reporting timetable –for all daily/ weekly and monthly reporting
Performance measurement & targets:
- Project cost and profit center reporting as per month end process for management accounts t/table
- Sales & Royalty reports data distributed on time according to agreed timetable
- To assist the Finance Controller & Finance Director in ad hoc projects and reports as required
Qualifications & experience required:
- AAT qualified or study towards CIMA/ACCA or equivalent QBE
- Min 3 years experience in finance and 2 years with accounts experience
- Proficient in Excel skills and data manipulation
- Keen eye for detail and accuracy with large amounts of data
- Extremely well organised and a proven efficient manner of working practice
- Passionate about film & television
- An understanding of the Home Entertainment industry and familiarity with Arrow products
Because of the high volumes of applications our opportunities attract, it sometimes takes us time to review and consider them all. We endeavour to respond to every application we receive within 14 days. If you haven't heard from us within that time frame or should you have any specific questions about this or other applications for positions at THG please contact one of our Talent team to discuss further.
THG is committed to creating a diverse & inclusive environment and hence welcomes applications from all sections of the community.
Apply for this job