Operations & Production
THG is a fast-moving, global technology business that specialises in taking brands direct to consumers. Our world-class proprietary tech and infrastructure powers our extensive portfolio of beauty, nutrition and lifestyle brands and is now helping drive exponential growth of our clients’ brands globally.
We’re powered by a global team of over 10,000 ambitious people around the world. Our culture is fast-paced and entrepreneurial, it’s this DNA that has supported our incredible growth.
We’re always looking for individuals that can bring fresh and innovative thinking to THG, and play a part in driving the group forward on its exciting journey. So, if you’re ready to take the next big step in your career, challenge yourself every day and evolve with the world around you, THG is ready for you.
Location: 300 Cedar Lane, Edison, NJ, 08817
The Operations division is at the heart of our customers’ experience here at THG. We Manufacture a wide range of sports nutrition and cosmetic consumer good that we then dispatch to out customers in over 200 countries worldwide from our purpose-built, innovative manufacturing and distribution centres.
About the Engineering & Facilities Team and the Role
The Engineering team works to maintain the assets in fulfilment and Manufacturing so that these divisions can continue to operate as efficiently as possible. The New Jersey team are focused in the fulfilment division, with the role reporting to the site Engineering and Facilities Manager. The site has a state of the art, fully automated storage and retrieval system which is at the heart of the site operation.
Your objective, through modern maintenance systems, will be to maintain business as usual for the plant operations, to continuously improve availability/reliability of the equipment and to ensure we manufacture/dispatch quality products safely.
The Maintenance Technician will provide a technical support resource to the Fulfilment/Manufacturing operation, delivering optimum asset reliability and performance through an effective asset maintenance and Continuous Improvement approach.
You will have a good understanding of modern maintenance techniques as well as good working operational knowledge of a Fulfilment site. You should also be capable of ensuring a quick and effective reaction to daily business needs as they are presented.
- Technical support resource for maintenance across plant to ensure a safe, timely and effective close out of live plant issues.
- Proactive fault prevention and continuous improvement activities to deliver key maintenance KPIs
- Work on and assist with developing the Plant PPM program, while using your RCA skills in response to Reactive tasks, to move the department towards a predictive Maintenance culture.
- Complete root cause analysis reports on major engineering stoppages across site.
- Support the close out of health and safety, Quality and CI actions lists.
- Reliability focused using modern techniques.
- Coaching and supporting operators to develop their skills on assets across site.
- Provide support for project activity and change initiatives as appropriate.
- Ensure that operation and maintenance complies with design specifications and contractual arrangements.
- Maintain accurate records of tasks completed / in progress using the departments CMMS system.
- Work in a methodical fashion to maintain Food safety standards and traceability of engineering activities.
- Work closely with departments to identify and drive Continuous Improvement opportunities.
- Support and supervise specialist contractors around the facility as required.
- Minimum 5 years hands on maintenance experience
- Apprenticeship in Mechanical or Electrically biased skills is preferred.
- Good Knowledge of electrical/electronic/mechanical systems and pneumatic controls
- Positive approach to plant reliability and continuous improvement activities
- High Level of H+S Awareness
- Results Focused, You will continually strive for improvements both in the process and personally
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Good Literacy and numeracy skills
- Ability to read and follow technical drawings.
- Good level of computer literacy and knowledge.
- Can do attitude/self-motivated.
- Ability to work on own initiative/autonomous.
- Competitive salary
- Company bonus scheme
- Medical, dental, vision and commuter benefits
- 401K, with 5% company matched
- Employee discounts
THG is proud to be a Disability Confident Committed employer. If you are invited to interview, please let us know if there are any reasonable adjustments we can make to the recruitment process that will enable you to perform to the best of your ability.
Because of the high volumes of applications our opportunities attract, it sometimes takes us time to review and consider them all. We endeavour to respond to every application we receive within 14 days. If you haven't heard from us within that time frame or should you have any specific questions about this or other applications for positions at THG please contact one of our Talent team to discuss further.
THG is committed to creating a diverse & inclusive environment and hence welcomes applications from all sections of the community.
Apply for this job