Maintenance Support Technician - Fulfilment
Operations & Production
THG is a fast-moving, global technology business that specialises in taking brands direct to consumers. Our world-class proprietary tech and infrastructure powers our extensive portfolio of beauty, nutrition and lifestyle brands and is now helping drive exponential growth of our clients’ brands globally.
We’re powered by a global team of over 10,000 ambitious people around the world. Our culture is fast-paced and entrepreneurial, it’s this DNA that has supported our incredible growth.
We’re always looking for individuals that can bring fresh and innovative thinking to THG, and play a part in driving the group forward on its exciting journey. So, if you’re ready to take the next big step in your career, challenge yourself every day and evolve with the world around you, THG is ready for you.
THIS ROLE IS LOCATED AT: THG ICON - 7-9 Sunbank Ln, Altrincham WA15 0AF
The Operations division is at the heart of our customers’ experience here at THG. We Manufacture a wide range of sports nutrition and cosmetic consumer good that we then dispatch to out customers in over 200 countries worldwide from our purpose-built, innovative manufacturing and distribution centres.
The Engineering team works 24 x 7 to maintain the assets in fulfilment and Manufacturing so that these divisions can continue to operate as efficiently as possible.
The Engineering/Facilities team is responsible for maintaining all THG sites, ensuring that all colleagues and visitors are in a clean, safe environment while on site.
As a Maintenance Support Technician, you will support the engineering team in delivering the site maintenance and facility requirements. This will be efficiently undertaking a variety of tasks ranging from performing small scale-fixes and improvements to the general site fixtures / mechanical / plumbing and maintain well-functioning systems across the assets on site. This role will enable you to also gain experience in engineering and systems.
- Carry out small scale repairs and support preventative maintenance to all site equipment including conveyance, automated systems, plumbing, heating and ventilation, hot & cold-water mechanical systems, building management system, and general building repairs.
- Light, small-scale construction, carpentry, painting, flooring, ceiling, plumbing as required.
- Maintain accurate records of all preventative maintenance and repair work carried out and report any substandard or defective equipment.
- Escort specialist contractors and work beside them as required.
- Comply with all safety procedures and requirements.
- Perform facility inspections and report on condition affecting operations.
- Perform other tasks assigned as requested.
- There is a good degree of flexibility required in the role therefore there will be other general maintenance tasks assigned from time to time depending on the business needs.
- Good literacy and numeracy skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience of working as a Maintenance Technician, carrying out machinery repairs, fault finding and problem solving within similar environment.
- Skilled in the use of hand and power tools used in the plumbing trade.
- Knowledge of building regulations and standards, safety regulations, and safety practices
- Ability to read and follow technical drawings.
- Excellent problem solving skills.
- Ability to plan ahead.
- Able to prioritize work and manage their own time.
- Ability to work on own initiative.
- ‘Can do’ attitude.
- Good level of computer literacy and knowledge of MS Office packages.
- Relevant mechanical engineering qualification e.g. NVQ, ONC, OND, Engineering would be an advantage
Because of the high volumes of applications our opportunities attract, it sometimes takes us time to review and consider them all. We endeavour to respond to every application we receive within 14 days. If you haven't heard from us within that time frame or should you have any specific questions about this or other applications for positions at THG please contact one of our Talent team to discuss further.
THG is committed to creating a diverse & inclusive environment and hence welcomes applications from all sections of the community.
Apply for this job