Machine Learning Lead (MLOps)
Manchester, England, United Kingdom
THG is a fast-moving, global technology business that specialises in taking brands direct to consumers. Our world-class proprietary tech and infrastructure powers our extensive portfolio of beauty, nutrition and lifestyle brands and is now helping drive exponential growth of our clients’ brands globally.
We’re powered by a global team of over 7,000 ambitious people around the world. Our culture is fast-paced and entrepreneurial, it’s this DNA that has supported our incredible growth.
We’re always looking for individuals that can bring fresh and innovative thinking to THG, and play a part in driving the group forward on its exciting journey. So, if you’re ready to take the next big step in your career, challenge yourself every day and evolve with the world around you, THG is ready for you.
About the role
THG is an international technology company and leading online retailer, home to global premium brands such as lookfantastic, Myprotein, ESPA and several hundred such individual brands operating globally. We are seeking an experienced and visionary ML Ops individual to lead our Machine Learning Operations (ML Ops) team.
Our aim is to lead the transformation of these global premium brands through the strategic implementation of machine learning. As a lead, you will play a pivotal role in driving this vision by overseeing the end-to-end operationalization of machine learning models at global scale, ensuring seamless integration into our production environment and owning the development of our PoC platform. You’ll lead a team of talented ML Ops engineers, collaborate closely with ML Scientists and other engineers to create and maintain a robust ML Ops framework.
Our ML team works at the forefront of driving business change with a significant impact through solutions like Fraud detection, machine translation, semantic search, Recommendations etc. We’ve worked closely with Nvidia, Google and others to deliver cutting-edge solutions including incubating new Generative AI powered solutions.
- Lead and inspire a team of MLOps engineers and specialists, cultivate a collaborative and forward-thinking team culture that emphasizes continuous improvement and learning along with partnership with the Data Science function.
- Provide technical leadership to ensure the efficient and effective delivery of MLOps solutions.
- Planning & Project Management:
- Define and drive the MLOps roadmap aligned with business objectives.
- Plan and execute MLOps projects, overseeing end-to-end development and deployment pipelines.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to gather requirements and ensure successful project implementation.
- Infrastructure and Automation:
- Design and implement scalable and reliable MLOps infrastructure.
- Develop and maintain automated deployment and monitoring pipelines.
- Ensure the seamless integration of machine learning models into production systems.
- Collaborate closely with ML, data and other engineering teams to ensure smooth workflows from development to deployment.
- Contribute to the establishment and maintenance of data and model governance practices.
- Monitoring and Optimization:
- Implement robust monitoring and logging solutions for deployed models and infrastructure.
- Optimize MLOps processes for efficiency, scalability, and cost-effectiveness.
- Compliance and Security:
- Ensure compliance with relevant regulations and industry standards.
- Implement and enforce security best practices for MLOps processes and infrastructure.
- 5+ years of experience in ML Ops or software engineering, with a focus on cloud native development & deployment in Python.
- Extensive hands-on experience with Python programming and its associated frameworks and libraries.
- Familiarity with containerization technologies like Docker and container orchestration platforms such as Kubernetes.
- Familiarity with serverless computing and event-driven architectures.
- Preferably knowledge of GCP services such as Compute Engine, Kubernetes Engine, Cloud Storage, BigQuery, Cloud Pub/Sub, Cloud Functions and cloud run.
- Strong understanding of Ops principles and best practices.
- Experience deploying and managing workloads on cloud (preferably GCP).
- Knowledge/understanding of web development using React, Html etc.
- Ability to mentor and guide junior and mid-level team members
- Experience putting battle-tested services in a high traffic production environment.
- knowledge/Experience with automating deployments using Terraform.
- Demonstrated leadership experience, including the ability to guide a team to achieve operational excellence.
Because of the high volumes of applications our opportunities attract, it sometimes takes us time to review and consider them all. We endeavour to respond to every application we receive within 14 days. If you haven't heard from us within that time frame or should you have any specific questions about this or other applications for positions at THG please contact one of our Talent team to discuss further.
THG is committed to creating a diverse & inclusive environment and hence welcomes applications from all sections of the community.
Apply for this job