Linguist Community Manager
Manchester / London
THG is a fast-moving, global technology business that specialises in taking brands direct to consumers. Our world-class proprietary tech and infrastructure powers our extensive portfolio of beauty, nutrition and lifestyle brands and is now helping drive exponential growth of our clients’ brands globally.
We’re powered by a global team of over 10,000 ambitious people around the world. Our culture is fast-paced and entrepreneurial, it’s this DNA that has supported our incredible growth.
We’re always looking for individuals that can bring fresh and innovative thinking to THG, and play a part in driving the group forward on its exciting journey. So, if you’re ready to take the next big step in your career, challenge yourself every day and evolve with the world around you, THG is ready for you.
In this position you will focus on building and engaging our vibrant linguist community at the heart of our business. You will work on expanding our network through targeted recruitment campaigns and you will lead initiatives to strengthen our existing relationships.
As a Linguist Community Manager, you will:
- Pro-actively develop our network of linguists, lead project-specific sourcing campaigns and the testing process to build and diversify our capabilities as a language service provider
- Be responsible for our vetting procedures
- Mentor a team of Linguist Community Coordinators
- Design targets and KPIs for the Linguist Community Coordinators
- Assign tickets from the business to the Linguist Community Coordinators and monitor responsiveness and performance
- Collaborate with our Finance Team to ensure accuracy of data on our portals, and to assist linguists with general payment enquiries
- Design and run regular reports aimed at analysing trends, demands and gap areas, and present ideas and results to the Operations Director
- Diversify our linguist community team by recruiting linguists who specialise in a variety of services and areas, and by further developing existing profiles
- Monitor linguists’ rates to identify negotiation opportunities and to recommend adequate rates to enhance global profit margins
- Monitor linguists’ performance to identify risks and address performance issues
- Collaborate with the Global Operations Team to design and deliver training opportunities for linguists
- Collaborate with Linguist Community Coordinators to deliver campaigns aimed at engaging with our linguist community, to increase positive collaboration and to keep them informed of our processes and systems
- Audit Linguist Community Coordinators to ensure that all linguist profiles are compliant with our ISO 9001 and 17100 standards
- Communicate with our Global Operations Teams to recommend linguists, portal updates and flag risks
- Identify opportunities to introduce automation, efficiency and to enhance current administration processes
We are looking for candidates with:
- Experience in recruitment and sourcing within the language service industry, or experience in an Operations role within the language service industry
- Experience managing and mentoring a team
- Ability to grow, manage and engage a global linguist community
- Drive and commitment to take ownership of the overall recruitment process from sourcing and advertising strategy to assessment and onboarding
- Strong attention to detail and ability to work independently partnering with colleagues and business units across the globe
- Strong commercial acumen and negotiation skills
- Ability to create reports and present data effectively
THG Fluently is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to providing progression and development opportunities for all our staff. We aim to ensure that no applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment because of the protected characteristics of age, disability, gender reassignment, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex, and sexual orientation, and that all appointments are made purely on the basis of aptitude and ability.
Because of the high volumes of applications our opportunities attract, it sometimes takes us time to review and consider them all. We endeavour to respond to every application we receive within 14 days. If you haven't heard from us within that time frame or should you have any specific questions about this or other applications for positions at THG please contact one of our Talent team to discuss further.
THG is committed to creating a diverse & inclusive environment and hence welcomes applications from all sections of the community.
Apply for this job