Manchester, United Kingdom
THG is a fast-moving, global technology business that specialises in taking brands direct to consumers. Our world-class proprietary tech and infrastructure powers our extensive portfolio of beauty, nutrition and lifestyle brands and is now helping drive exponential growth of our clients’ brands globally.
We’re powered by a global team of over 10,000 ambitious people around the world. Our culture is fast-paced and entrepreneurial, it’s this DNA that has supported our incredible growth.
We’re always looking for individuals that can bring fresh and innovative thinking to THG, and play a part in driving the group forward on its exciting journey. So, if you’re ready to take the next big step in your career, challenge yourself every day and evolve with the world around you, THG is ready for you.
THG (The Hut Group) is a fast-moving, global technology business that specialises in taking brands direct to consumers. Our world-class proprietary tech and infrastructure powers our extensive portfolio of beauty, nutrition and lifestyle brands and is now helping drive exponential growth of our clients’ brands globally.
We’re powered by a global team, our culture is fast-paced and entrepreneurial and it’s this DNA that has supported our incredible growth.
We’re always looking for individuals that can bring fresh and innovative thinking to THG and play a part in driving the group forward on its exciting journey. So, if you’re ready to take the next big step in your career, challenge yourself every day and evolve with the world around you, THG is ready for you.
THG is an international technology company and leading online retailer, home to premium brands such as lookfantastic, Myprotein, and ESPA; all of which are powered by our industry-leading and award-winning technology platform, THG Ingenuity.
We are building a world-class business with global ambitions, a proprietary technology platform, and disruptive business model.
Tech at THG
Technology is the driving force behind THG, and it starts with our people. We are ambitious with our goals and challenge conventional thinking. THG Technology is different because we support every single person to make massive impact and drive their own work. Our people are always learning, and we work every day to ensure our technology, from our software platforms to our hosting services, to our M.L. capability and beyond, is world class. This enables us to keep powering THG and our partners on a global scale.
As part of our hyper growth, we seek to hire and develop well-rounded, commercially astute, ambitious people that can bring fresh and innovative thinking to THG and drive us forward.
Ingenuity Development | THG
The Ingenuity Development team are responsible for the end-to-end operation, development and management of multiple distinct estates - from corporate site builds, native mobile apps, eco & experiential initiatives, to classifieds or print on demand consumer stores.
Working specifically in the Corporate, Experiences & Eco space, you will have the opportunity to influence projects central to THG, utilise the latest technologies, innovate and make empowered choices that help shape the future of the platform.
- Lead & define the technical architecture of the application, including the system's components, data structures, communication protocols, and other technical details
- Identify potential technical risks and develop strategies to mitigate them, ensuring that the application is secure, robust and reliable
- Share your knowledge within a democratic team of experts, to achieve optimal solutions
- Foster a culture that encourages the growth of a highly performant team
What are we looking for?
- Proven experience architecting, developing & managing large-scale, distributed services in an enterprise environment
- In-depth knowledge of designing, developing securing and documenting robust public facing RESTful APIs
- A solid understanding of events and event-driven programming, inheritance, throwing/catching errors, asynchronous vs synchronous programming
- Demonstrable experience implementing & managing end-to-end / unit / integration testing strategies across a team
- Strong leadership and coaching skills, able to manage the delivery of complex projects and features with team members
Other beneficial skills
- DevOps Experience - in particular, containerisation / Docker and K8s
- Experience of other backend programming languages (Java, Python, etc.)
- In depth or specialist knowledge of a complimentary discipline (SRE, security analyst, solutions architect, DBA, data science etc)
What's in it for me?
- Competitive salary plus performance-based bonus
- The freedom to innovate and use the latest technologies
- Opportunity to make a real impact in the business
- Work alongside genuine industry experts
- Continuous development through THG Academy, our in-house L&D team
- Staff discounts on THG brands and Hale Country Club
- On-site doctor and barber
- Flexible working
- Access to training material
- Personal tech and salary sacrifice scheme
Opening date: 18th May 2023
Closing date: 2nd June 2023
Because of the high volumes of applications our opportunities attract, it sometimes takes us time to review and consider them all. We endeavour to respond to every application we receive within 14 days. If you haven't heard from us within that time frame or should you have any specific questions about this or other applications for positions at THG please contact one of our Talent team to discuss further.
THG is committed to creating a diverse & inclusive environment and hence welcomes applications from all sections of the community.
Apply for this job