Lead Software Engineer - Ingenuity Tech Services
Manchester, United Kingdom
THG is a fast-moving, global technology business that specialises in taking brands direct to consumers. Our world-class proprietary tech and infrastructure powers our extensive portfolio of beauty, nutrition and lifestyle brands and is now helping drive exponential growth of our clients’ brands globally.
We’re powered by a global team of over 7,000 ambitious people around the world. Our culture is fast-paced and entrepreneurial, it’s this DNA that has supported our incredible growth.
We’re always looking for individuals that can bring fresh and innovative thinking to THG, and play a part in driving the group forward on its exciting journey. So, if you’re ready to take the next big step in your career, challenge yourself every day and evolve with the world around you, THG is ready for you.
Tech at THG
Technology is the driving force behind THG, and it starts with our people. We are ambitious with our goals and challenge conventional thinking. THG Technology is different because we support every single person to make massive impact and drive their own work. Our people are always learning, and we work every day to ensure our technology, from our software platforms to our hosting services, to our M.L. capability and beyond, is world class. This enables us to keep powering THG and our partners on a global scale.
Ingenuity Tech Services | THG
The Ingenuity Tech Services division is responsible for the end-to-end operation, development, and management of multiple distinct estates - from corporate sites, native mobile apps, eco & experiential initiatives, to classifieds or print on demand consumer stores.
Working specifically in the THG Eco space, you will have the opportunity to influence a platform at the heart of THG’s sustainability ambitions and empower consumers to take impactful climate action to secure the future of our planet.
We are looking for a lead Java engineer to become the driving force behind a growing internal team, innovate and make empowered choices that help shape the future of the platform. Working within a full stack team, you should feel extremely comfortable bringing together multiple technologies and championing best practice to ensure the platform is designed and developed in a way that meets business goals, user needs, and technical requirements.
- Lead & define the technical architecture of the application, including the system's components, data structures, communication protocols, and other technical details
- Identify potential technical risks and develop strategies to mitigate them, ensuring that the application is secure, robust and reliable
- Share your knowledge within a democratic team of experts, to achieve optimal solutions
- Foster a culture that encourages the growth of a highly performant team
What are we looking for?
- Proven experience architecting, developing & managing large-scale, distributed services in an enterprise environment
- Expert in Java with experience in React / Next
- In-depth knowledge of designing, developing, securing and documenting robust public facing RESTful APIs and third-party payment integrations
- Demonstrable experience with modern software development practices such as Agile development, test-driven development, and continuous integration and continuous delivery
- Strong leadership and coaching skills, able to manage the delivery of complex projects and features from conception to production
Other beneficial skills
- DevOps experience - in particular, containerisation / Docker and K8s
- Experience of other backend programming languages (Java, Python, etc.)
- In depth or specialist knowledge of a complimentary discipline (SRE, security analyst, solutions architect, DBA, data science etc)
What's in it for me?
- Competitive salary plus bonus
- The freedom to innovate and use the latest technologies
- Opportunity to make a real impact in the business
- Work alongside genuine industry experts
- Continuous development through THG Academy, our in-house L&D team
- Staff discounts on THG brands and Hale Country Club
- On-site doctor, physio and barber
- Flexible working
- 25 days holiday
- Access to training material
- Personal tech and cycle salary sacrifice scheme
Because of the high volumes of applications our opportunities attract, it sometimes takes us time to review and consider them all. We endeavour to respond to every application we receive within 14 days. If you haven't heard from us within that time frame or should you have any specific questions about this or other applications for positions at THG please contact one of our Talent team to discuss further.
THG is committed to creating a diverse & inclusive environment and hence welcomes applications from all sections of the community.
Apply for this job