Manchester, United Kingdom
THG is a fast-moving, global technology business that specialises in taking brands direct to consumers. Our world-class proprietary tech and infrastructure powers our extensive portfolio of beauty, nutrition and lifestyle brands and is now helping drive exponential growth of our clients’ brands globally.
We’re powered by a global team of over 7,000 ambitious people around the world. Our culture is fast-paced and entrepreneurial, it’s this DNA that has supported our incredible growth.
We’re always looking for individuals that can bring fresh and innovative thinking to THG, and play a part in driving the group forward on its exciting journey. So, if you’re ready to take the next big step in your career, challenge yourself every day and evolve with the world around you, THG is ready for you.
The Merchandising team is responsible for the end to end management of stock within the business from planning and managing intake into the business and maximizing the stock profile to drive sales and profit. Working in collaboration with buying, trading and commercial marketing to drive product opportunities, build brand relationships and meet business targets.,
Job Description -
Reporting into the Senior Merchandiser, you will assist in stock and intake strategising, as well as planning and forecasting for your department to support department KPI's. You will be constantly reviewing trade, identifying opportunities and risk to drive availability and profitabilty as well as assisting in the management of junior members of the team,
- Prepare reporting for weekly and monthly review meetings,
- Reviews daily and weekly sales performance and recommends replenishment actions where required,
- Takes a strategic approach in driving the department forward by gaining a strong understanding of key competitors,
- Responsible for numerous high profile brand accounts; keeps strong supplier relationships and communication,
- Manage order placement and intake to ensure on time product launches and product lead times are adhered to,
- Liaise with suppliers and multiple global warehouses to ensure an effective landing of stock – prioritizing intake where necessary,
- Effective stock management whilst highly focused on hitting departmental warehouse availability targets. Manages fast and slow moving stock and makes recommendations to move it through the business in the most profitable route possible,
- Accurately forecasts new product launches to achieve the optimum profit, balanced with sell through whilst maintaining high product availability,
- Proactively analyse sales data and trends to ensure high customer valued products are always available whilst working within target cover levels,
- Builds a strong network cross functionally within the business and in particular Buying & Trading,
- Manages the team and deputises for the Merchandiser or Senior in their absence,
- Contribute and represent merch function on ad hoc projects where required,
- Well organised and self motivated,able to hit deadlines
- Management experience and strong ability to work as part of a team
- Must have strong IT skills – Excel proficient
- Min 1-year experience in a similar role
- Problem solver
- Commercial awareness
- Ability to form good working relationships with internal and external customers
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to prioritize and structure work in a fast paced environment
- Highly numerate and analytical, competent working with large volumes of data, using this to make informed decisions
- Positive attitude
Benefits Include :
- Discretionary Bi-annual Bonus Structure (Performance Related)
- Hybrid Working: 3 days in the office, 2 days WFH
- Company Pension Scheme – Matching up to 4%
- Access to On-Site Doctor, Physio and Gym
- Commitment to Continued Learning and Development Through our Bespoke L&D Offering
- Exclusive Discounts off THG Brands
Because of the high volumes of applications our opportunities attract, it sometimes takes us time to review and consider them all. We endeavour to respond to every application we receive within 14 days. If you haven't heard from us within that time frame or should you have any specific questions about this or other applications for positions at THG please contact one of our Talent team to discuss further.
THG is committed to creating a diverse & inclusive environment and hence welcomes applications from all sections of the community.
Apply for this job