Junior Buyer | Cult Beauty
London, United Kingdom
THG is a fast-moving, global technology business that specialises in taking brands direct to consumers. Our world-class proprietary tech and infrastructure powers our extensive portfolio of beauty, nutrition and lifestyle brands and is now helping drive exponential growth of our clients’ brands globally.
We’re powered by a global team of over 7,000 ambitious people around the world. Our culture is fast-paced and entrepreneurial, it’s this DNA that has supported our incredible growth.
We’re always looking for individuals that can bring fresh and innovative thinking to THG, and play a part in driving the group forward on its exciting journey. So, if you’re ready to take the next big step in your career, challenge yourself every day and evolve with the world around you, THG is ready for you.
Who is Cult Beauty? Well, we’re a beauty-obsessed team who share a common goal — to become the most trusted beauty retailer in the world! We’re all about intelligent beauty, from the way we pick our ever-lusted-after brands to how we talk to our exceptionally savvy customers. Our Cult Community values transparency and so do we. That’s why we only sell the products that truly blow us away and publish every review on our site.
To achieve this goal, we want to collaborate with individuals who have the same vision. As part of the Cult Beauty team, you’ll be encouraged to share ideas and empowered to aim for the skies. We’re a team so if we fail, we fail together and try again. Cult Beauty has become the successful world leader it is because of our people. We’re a close-knit family that recognises that our collective and community are much more valuable than the sum of their parts. We’re not just here to sell the most unbelievably amazing beauty products in the world, we also want to challenge the definition of what ‘beauty’ is and use our platform to challenge the status quo — both in our industry and society.
We're looking for an analytical and comically minder Junior Buyer to join our Buying team. You'll be responsible for strategically building, managing and reporting on the performance of a selected number of brands and product offerings for Cult Beauty in line with business KPI’s
What you'll be doing:
- Collaborates with the Buyer to plan, build and execute plans for sustainable growth and development of the department
- Plan brand activities to ensure growth is met and or exceeded
- Identifies and acquires new ‘Cult’ brands, trends and products
- Conducts regular reviews of ranges within their brands and stock management
- Curates ranges servicing the Cult customer’s needs
- Creates a comprehensive sampling programme aligned to Cult Beauty’s initiatives
Brand Plan Management
- Build strong brand relationships to be the partner of choice, developing mid to long term strategic plans, securing exclusive brand and product launches, marketing investment and commercial drivers
- Works collaboratively across multiple departments, communicating and influencing effectively
- Supports the buyer in delivering the department and brand budgets in line with agreed KPI’s
- Continuous monitoring and review of department performance to analyse sales patterns business wide, making suggestion for improvements
- Attends bi annual strategy meetings with brands ensuring the Cult Beauty strategy and customer are at the heart of decision making when building joint business plans
- Monitors satisfaction with all brand partners to ensure best in class delivery
Stock & Reporting
- Takes responsibility for efficient stock management, ensuring optimum stock holding to meet sales budgets, strategies for overstocks and exit plans for obsolete stock
- Manages the selection of product ranges, using customer insights and feedback to maximise new product opportunities and range visibility, to create an unparalleled customer experience and maximise sales and profit to achieve KPI’s
- Manages and accountable for their brand P&L and share plans to grow business profit
- Conducts regular reviews of ranges within their brands & manage discontinuations and renovations accordingly
- Develops the skills of their direct reports through clear communication and objective setting
- Motivates team to fulfil all tasks required with efficiency & accuracy, provide recognition and praise, implementing incentives to drive performance within the team
- Provides support to new team members – ensures a full induction is provided and support during the learning process
- Responsibility for building strength in key strategic brand relationships while delivering sales & profit growth
- Brands Sales Growth Target(s):- achieving sales growth in line if not above of budget.
- Brands Gross Margin Target(s):- achieving sales growth at maintained margin.
- Negotiating with new and existing to meet P&L requirements.
- Monitoring terms rebates where appropriate and feeding the appropriate actions alongside.
- Availability & fulfilment actuals and progression by brand
- Delivery of a complete JBP 6 months in advance that is built to deliver continuous sales growth to outperform previous year’s performance
- Has experience operating as a Junior Buyer
- Can drive the success of a department through creative and commercial thinking
- Strong awareness of current trends and competitor activity
- Passion for beauty industry, brands and products
- Developed negotiation and influencing skills
- Demonstrates a commercial mindset, using data and insights to leverage opportunities
- Builds great relationships with internal stakeholders and suppliers
- Experience in beauty retailing with a proven recording of trading in a fast-paced environment
- Strong commercial acumen and savvy; highly numerate with strong analytical skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel, Power Point and Outlook)
What we offer in return
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Pension Contributions
- Enhanced Maternity pay
- Enhanced Paternity pay
- Flexible and Remote working options
- Annual wellbeing day
- A day off for your birthday
- Annual charity day allowance
- Excellent discount from the Cult Beauty website!
- Up to 50% discounts on wellbeing products from our parent company THG
Because of the high volumes of applications our opportunities attract, it sometimes takes us time to review and consider them all. We endeavour to respond to every application we receive within 14 days. If you haven't heard from us within that time frame or should you have any specific questions about this or other applications for positions at THG please contact one of our Talent team to discuss further.
THG is committed to creating a diverse & inclusive environment and hence welcomes applications from all sections of the community.
Apply for this job