Java Software Engineer - Finance Platform
Manchester (Hybrid / Remote)
THG is a fast-moving, global technology business that specialises in taking brands direct to consumers. Our world-class proprietary tech and infrastructure powers our extensive portfolio of beauty, nutrition and lifestyle brands and is now helping drive exponential growth of our clients’ brands globally.
We’re powered by a global team of over 10,000 ambitious people around the world. Our culture is fast-paced and entrepreneurial, it’s this DNA that has supported our incredible growth.
We’re always looking for individuals that can bring fresh and innovative thinking to THG, and play a part in driving the group forward on its exciting journey. So, if you’re ready to take the next big step in your career, challenge yourself every day and evolve with the world around you, THG is ready for you.
Tech at THG
Technology is the driving force behind THG, and it starts with our people. We are ambitious with our goals and challenge conventional thinking. THG Technology is different because we support every single person to make massive impact and drive their own work. Our people are always learning, and we work every day to ensure our technology, from our software platforms, to our hosting services, to our M.L capability and beyond, is world class. This enables us to keep powering THG and our partners on a global scale.
THG Finance Platform
THG Finance Platform processes millions THG & Ingenuity clients E-commerce transactions & THG Logistics transactions in real-time event driven manner 24x7 and provides end-to-end financial services for hundreds of companies across the globe.
What will I be doing?
As a Software Engineer within the Finance Platform team you will be:
· Contributing to the solution design for new features for the THG Finance Platform, and developing those features to the highest quality standards
· Actively participating in all Agile ceremonies (stand-ups, demos, sprint planning, retrospectives and backlog refinement)
· Working closely with Business Analysts to refine the backlog of work for the team and provide technical scoping an estimates
· Providing technical support to the business teams where required, as part of a weekly support rota, ensuring that the platform is available and performant.
What skills and experience would I need?
· Spring Frameworks
· RESTful APIs
· Event based architecture
· Kafka and ActiveMQ
What's in it for me?
· Competitive salary, plus performance related bonus scheme
· Build solutions using the latest technology
· Work alongside genuine industry experts
· Continuous development through THG Academy, our in-house L&D team
· Staff discounts on THG brands and Hale Country Club
· On-site doctor, physio
Because of the high volumes of applications our opportunities attract, it sometimes takes us time to review and consider them all. We endeavour to respond to every application we receive within 14 days. If you haven't heard from us within that time frame or should you have any specific questions about this or other applications for positions at THG please contact one of our Talent team to discuss further.
THG is committed to creating a diverse & inclusive environment and hence welcomes applications from all sections of the community.
Apply for this job