HSE Manager - Icon 2 & 3
Icon 2, M90 5AA
THG is a fast-moving, global technology business that specialises in taking brands direct to consumers. Our world-class proprietary tech and infrastructure powers our extensive portfolio of beauty, nutrition and lifestyle brands and is now helping drive exponential growth of our clients’ brands globally.
We’re powered by a global team of over 10,000 ambitious people around the world. Our culture is fast-paced and entrepreneurial, it’s this DNA that has supported our incredible growth.
We’re always looking for individuals that can bring fresh and innovative thinking to THG, and play a part in driving the group forward on its exciting journey. So, if you’re ready to take the next big step in your career, challenge yourself every day and evolve with the world around you, THG is ready for you.
Location: Icon 2 and 3, M90 5AA
About Central Functions
Central Functions is formed of the teams and people that serve the entire business. These people are integral to the smooth running of the business; ensuring everyone is paid on time, that materials are sourced and arrive promptly, that we meet our legal obligations and that our health, safety, and security is safeguarded.
About Health & Safety and the Role
The Health & Safety team ensure that we operate safe working environments for all THG employees and visitors. The team provide on-site support to ensure risks are managed in a timely fashion, as well as completing audits and checks to so the business meets all health, safety and environment-related legislative requirements. The team are also responsible for achieving and maintaining legal environmental compliance to safeguard the business from financial and reputational damage.
HSE Manager roles which are site based will report operationally to the THG site lead and functionally to into the respective Head of HSE. Day to day the HSE Manager will work collaboratively with the all site leads where the THG site is undertaking both fulfillment and manufacturing operations. The role will be accountable for the provision of competent HSE support to all core site activities.
- Act as the subject matter expert for all HSE related matters for the site
- Develop robust Health & Safety strategies to drive continual improvement of the site HSE performance
- Works closely with the site leadership and management team to establish and maintain the highest standards of HSE across all core site activities
- Ensures THG group policies are implemented and enforced on site to ensure THG meets or exceeds statutory legislative requirements and provides a safe working environment for all our employees and any contractors working on site
- Lead and mentor a team of HSE Advisers where based onsite
- Involvement in contractor vetting and other contractor management processes
- Provide statistical data and trend analysis for management reports at required intervals
- Chair the site health and safety committee meetings.
- Ensure emergency plans are tested on a regular basis and that any identified improvements are implemented
- Act as the main HSE contact for all site improvement projects
- Lead the site internal health and safety auditing regime
- Maintain the sites compliance training matrix
- Effectively communicate HSE information and standards to staff and contractors to ensure they understand their responsibilities to ensure the company is compliant with HSE regulations and policies.
- Lead on environmental matters such as Environmental Impact Assessments and investigations, ensuring compliance with environmental legislative requirements.
- An excellent understanding and working knowledge of Health, Safety and Environmental regulations.
- Chartered status of IOSH
- NEBOSH Diploma or equivalent.
- IEMA Environmental Foundation Certificate desirable.
- 3 – 5 years’ experience managing a HSE function in an automated / semi-automated warehouse or food manufacturing facility.
- Experience dealing with issues relating to HSE swiftly and effectively
- Experience of maintaining an accredited OHSMS - ISO 45001
- Experience of delivering IOSH Managing Safely is desirable.
- Competitive salary
- Onsite Doctor
- Employee discounts
- Gym Discounts
- Company bonus scheme
- Company pension scheme
THG is proud to be a Disability Confident Committed employer. If you are invited to interview, please let us know if there are any reasonable adjustments we can make to the recruitment process that will enable you to perform to the best of your ability.
Because of the high volumes of applications our opportunities attract, it sometimes takes us time to review and consider them all. We endeavour to respond to every application we receive within 14 days. If you haven't heard from us within that time frame or should you have any specific questions about this or other applications for positions at THG please contact one of our Talent team to discuss further.
THG is committed to creating a diverse & inclusive environment and hence welcomes applications from all sections of the community.
Apply for this job