HSE Advisor - Icon 2
Health & Safety
THG is a fast-moving, global technology business that specialises in taking brands direct to consumers. Our world-class proprietary tech and infrastructure powers our extensive portfolio of beauty, nutrition and lifestyle brands and is now helping drive exponential growth of our clients’ brands globally.
We’re powered by a global team of over 10,000 ambitious people around the world. Our culture is fast-paced and entrepreneurial, it’s this DNA that has supported our incredible growth.
We’re always looking for individuals that can bring fresh and innovative thinking to THG, and play a part in driving the group forward on its exciting journey. So, if you’re ready to take the next big step in your career, challenge yourself every day and evolve with the world around you, THG is ready for you.
Location: Icon 2 & 3, M90 5AA
About Central Functions
Central Functions is formed of the teams and people that serve the entire business. These people are integral to the smooth running of the business; ensuring everyone is paid on time, that materials are sourced and arrive promptly, that we meet our legal obligations and that our health, safety, and security is safeguarded.
About Health, Safety & Environment and the Role
The Health, Safety & Environment (HSE) team ensure that we operate safe working environments for all THG employees and visitors. The team provide on-site support to ensure risks are managed in a timely fashion, as well as completing audits and checks to so the business meets all health & safety related legislative requirements. The team are also responsible for achieving and maintaining legal environmental compliance to safeguard the business from financial and reputational damage.
- Support the development of location HSE strategies, programmes and plans.
- Pro-actively monitor and challenge standards to promote continual improvement.
- Provide guidance to the THG project team, and contractors, to implement effective safety methodologies on site
- Performing regular Health, Safety & Environment audits;
- Relaying findings back to the local management teams.
- Implement immediate corrective actions and overseeing all further preventative and corrective actions to eliminate root causes.
- Advise and support all colleagues of their statutory duties within their areas of responsibility.
- Assist in the development of the company HSE Management system.
- Involvement in contractor vetting and other contractor management processes.
- Review and approval of contractor’s risk assessments and method statements.
- Reporting all HSE hazards, issues or near misses to HSE Manager and local management teams.
- Assist in the development & implementation of HSE policies and procedures.
- Assist with accident / incident investigation, root cause analysis and reporting for corrective actions.
- Raising HSE purchase orders.
- Support Experience locations in achieving the highest standards of food safety hygiene
- Undertaking new risk assessments and reviewing current risk assessments
- Conducting and reviewing COSHH assessments.
- Assisting in the fire risk assessment process.
- Supporting with environmental matters such as Environmental Impact Assessments and investigations, ensuring compliance with environmental legislative requirements.
- NEBOSH General Certificate or equivalent as a minimum
- Experience in working within a manufacturing or distribution environment
- Good communication skills and the ability to influence change.
- Experience of supporting a Health and Safety function.
- Good working knowledge of Health, Safety and Environmental Regulations.
- Keen problem solver
- Good IT skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Competitive salary
- Onsite Doctor
- Employee discounts
- Gym Discounts
- Company bonus scheme
- Company pension scheme
THG is proud to be a Disability Confident Committed employer. If you are invited to interview, please let us know if there are any reasonable adjustments we can make to the recruitment process that will enable you to perform to the best of your ability.
Because of the high volumes of applications our opportunities attract, it sometimes takes us time to review and consider them all. We endeavour to respond to every application we receive within 14 days. If you haven't heard from us within that time frame or should you have any specific questions about this or other applications for positions at THG please contact one of our Talent team to discuss further.
THG is committed to creating a diverse & inclusive environment and hence welcomes applications from all sections of the community.
Apply for this job