Head of Software Engineering
Manchester, England, United Kingdom
THG is a fast-moving, global technology business that specialises in taking brands direct to consumers. Our world-class proprietary tech and infrastructure powers our extensive portfolio of beauty, nutrition and lifestyle brands and is now helping drive exponential growth of our clients’ brands globally.
We’re powered by a global team of over 10,000 ambitious people around the world. Our culture is fast-paced and entrepreneurial, it’s this DNA that has supported our incredible growth.
We’re always looking for individuals that can bring fresh and innovative thinking to THG, and play a part in driving the group forward on its exciting journey. So, if you’re ready to take the next big step in your career, challenge yourself every day and evolve with the world around you, THG is ready for you.
Role can be Remote or Hybrid from our Manchester offices
Tech at THG
Technology is the driving force behind THG, and it starts with our people. We are ambitious with our goals and challenge conventional thinking. THG Technology is different because we support every single person to make massive impact and drive their own work. Our people are always learning, and we work every day to ensure our technology, from our software platforms, to our hosting services, to our M.L capability and beyond, is world class. This enables us to keep powering THG and our partners on a global scale.
What will I be doing?
Working with a number of teams and direct reports, you'll be responsible for leading the vision and direction of your area. You'll set the strategy, influence the architecture, and shape the teams to deliver the best systems for our cloud and hosting customers. You'll be one of the senior leaders looking to keep us at the forefront of the market through high quality, well tested and well monitored code as well as understanding the diverse needs of our customers from the tech savvy to those that just need the tech to work.
- Work with managers, team leaders and individuals to set the vision, direction and OKRs to develop our technical systems and people
- Grow the team by hiring great coworkers and developing the careers and development of the people
- Develop, communicate and deliver with the team on designing and building scalable, robust & distributed systems
- Interact with and guide the business stakeholders at every level, building strong relationships
What skills and experience would I need?
- Experience leading a medium or large technical team, encouraging growth, diversity, and inspiring and empowering
- Able to contribute to discussions outside of your previous expertise and able to provide useful insight in your area of expertise
- Proven track record of developing people, including strong performance management principles
- Communicate across functions and drive engineering initiatives
- Experience within FinTech very advantageous (ideally Payments, Checkout or Fraud Platforms)
What's in it for me?
- Competitive salary in a growth inducive environment
- Performance Related Bonus Scheme
- Work with teams to build solutions using the latest technology
- Work with reputed THG clients across industries and geographies
- Work alongside genuine industry/domain experts
- Continuous development through our in-house L&D team
- Staff discounts on THG brands and Hale Country Club
- On-site doctor and physio
Because of the high volumes of applications our opportunities attract, it sometimes takes us time to review and consider them all. We endeavour to respond to every application we receive within 14 days. If you haven't heard from us within that time frame or should you have any specific questions about this or other applications for positions at THG please contact one of our Talent team to discuss further.
THG is committed to creating a diverse & inclusive environment and hence welcomes applications from all sections of the community.
Apply for this job