Head of Retention - LOOKFANTASTIC
Manchester, United Kingdom
THG is a fast-moving, global technology business that specialises in taking brands direct to consumers. Our world-class proprietary tech and infrastructure powers our extensive portfolio of beauty, nutrition and lifestyle brands and is now helping drive exponential growth of our clients’ brands globally.
We’re powered by a global team of over 7,000 ambitious people around the world. Our culture is fast-paced and entrepreneurial, it’s this DNA that has supported our incredible growth.
We’re always looking for individuals that can bring fresh and innovative thinking to THG, and play a part in driving the group forward on its exciting journey. So, if you’re ready to take the next big step in your career, challenge yourself every day and evolve with the world around you, THG is ready for you.
Purpose of Role: Head of Retention is responsible for the development and execution of the global retention (CRM, SMS, and App) strategy across Lookfantastic sites.
- Planning, developing, implementation and management of the Global retention strategy.
- Building for the future with a 3-year strategic plan to position the business in a better place than our competition.
- Continually research and understand the global retention environment, including CRM, SMS and App as a key channel, ensuring that we remain at the forefront of the industry and pushing the boundaries of what is possible within this sphere.
- Prepare and manage the retention marketing activities, including budget forecasting, activity planning, trade marketing alignment, execution, automation, measurement and reporting.
- Contribute to driving increased marketing efficiency through evolution of the existing retention strategy, helping drive increased retention channel share of business.
- Drive best-in-class CRM execution through playbook development, enabling seamless planning and execution across all programmes.
- Lead on CRM innovations with clear roadmap and execution plans for continuous improvement. Key areas of focus; Automation, Personalisation, Programmatic CRM.
Cross Team Collaboration:
- Collaborate and support all THG retention teams, providing framework, guidance and training, whilst governing process and ensuring implementation.
- Collaborate with cross functional department to ensure alignment of activities across both marketing (Brand, Paid, Partnerships) and non-marketing team (Trade, Buying, Merch).
- Regular reporting of Global and Local retention performance and project progression to a combination of territory leads and the Senior Leadership team.
- Monitor KPI performance across the channel whilst developing more strategic reviews of performance.
- Work closely with Legal & Procurement to consistently on-board new data and tech solutions, enabling channel innovation.
- Work closely with the Dermstore, Cult, THG Brands & Glossybox regional teams to maximise retention opportunities for all THG Beauty sites.
- Active collaboration with the data team to drive customer data opportunities, process improvements and identify new reporting that can drive growth for the channel.
- Building and maintaining an effective management team – Providing direction to the work and resources of our business and ensuring we recruit and retain the best staff possible.
- Gives clear guidance to team members ensuring quarterly objectives are set and monitored and continuous feedback is given to team to aid their development
- Develops skills of the team – identifies individual training needs as well as encourages effective teamwork, KPI’s setting and communicating clear goals/targets.
- Motivates team – gives recognition and praise, implementing incentives to drive performance within the team.
- Provides support to new team members – ensures a full induction is provided and support during the learning process
- Team Engagement
- Database growth
- Active Database
- Customer Retention
- Customer Purchase Frequency and AOV
- Sales and Revenue
- Customer LTV
- Cross Category Purchasing
- Key behaviours
- Team player – able to collaborate across functions
- Initiative – able to think outside of the box
- Pro-active and positive attitude
- Developing Self and Others
- Driven and goal orientated
- Can build strong relationships
- Can work cross functionally across teams
- Prioritise, structure work & effectively manage time
- Excellent communicator – able to give clarity and set direction
- Commercial awareness of the beauty industry
- Ability to form good working relationships with internal teams and external clients
- Critical thinker and problem-solving skills
- Project management skills
- Negotiation skills
Because of the high volumes of applications our opportunities attract, it sometimes takes us time to review and consider them all. We endeavour to respond to every application we receive within 14 days. If you haven't heard from us within that time frame or should you have any specific questions about this or other applications for positions at THG please contact one of our Talent team to discuss further.
THG is committed to creating a diverse & inclusive environment and hence welcomes applications from all sections of the community.
Apply for this job