Head of Merchandising & Supply Chain - Lookfantastic
Icon 1, M90 5AA
THG is a fast-moving, global technology business that specialises in taking brands direct to consumers. Our world-class proprietary tech and infrastructure powers our extensive portfolio of beauty, nutrition and lifestyle brands and is now helping drive exponential growth of our clients’ brands globally.
We’re powered by a global team of over 10,000 ambitious people around the world. Our culture is fast-paced and entrepreneurial, it’s this DNA that has supported our incredible growth.
We’re always looking for individuals that can bring fresh and innovative thinking to THG, and play a part in driving the group forward on its exciting journey. So, if you’re ready to take the next big step in your career, challenge yourself every day and evolve with the world around you, THG is ready for you.
Location: Icon 1, M90 5AA
About the Division:
Lookfantastic is Europe’s No1 Online Destination for Premium Beauty. Our mission is to empower people globally to look and feel fantastic every day. To enable us to do this we have offices across the UK, Europe, America and Australia filled with passionate beauty fanatics who are committed to delivering rapid growth in this exciting industry. We work with over 800 of the world’s greatest beauty brands such as MAC, Kerastase, GHD, Tom Ford and YSL to bring our customers the widest offering of beauty products from around the globe. Passion, innovation and commitment are key characteristics in this ever expanding team as we strive to become the Worlds No1 Online.
About the Role
We have an opportunity for an experienced Head of Merchandising & Supply Chain who thrives in a very fast paced, commercial environment. The ideal candidate will be an enthusiastic, adaptable leader with the passion to make an impact.
Reporting to the divisional CFO, the Head of Merchandising & Supply Chain is responsible for leading the teams to manage products commercially through end to end supply chain process’. Responsible for effective planning and efficient stock management across our four global warehouses.
This is both a strategic and tactical role with specific focus on stock management by warehouse, forecasting, commercial brand relations, reacting to market conditions and anticipating possible opportunities or challenges to the business before they impact the financials. Fundamentally, ensuring the right stock is in the right warehouse at the right time, so our customers can buy what they want, when they want it.
- Driving efficiencies in the P&L to ensure full optimisation of product performance, not limited to but including demand, funding/self-funding, stock management and health, intake whilst managing fulfilment costs to exceed or hit planned targets.
- Responsibility for an efficient supply chain set-up within all global regions including maximising warehouse order allocation through timely execution of orders and overseeing key event/critical path planning in line with stakeholder requirements.
- Collaborating with Heads of Buying, Marketing & Trade to create and deliver ambitious trading plans for the Product teams to achieve.
- Leading the Merchandise and Supply teams with clear direction on stock management and day to day to optimise availability, intake and stock levels in line with business demand needs whilst addressing service challenges to maximise sales and profitability.
- Working closely with warehousing, freight & operations stakeholders monitoring warehouse performance, adjusting stock & intake forecasts accordingly, collaborating with openings of new global warehousing and being a key lead supporting on operational projects.
- Driving supplier performance improvement continuing the roll out of supplier scorecards, holding suppliers accountable for areas of compliance ensuring transparent and enhanced visibility & communication across teams.
- Pro-actively strategise, influence & drive trading and commercial opportunities for our newest international markets and projects ensuring standardising of best practice throughout.
- To lead, recruit, motivate, develop, train and performance manage teams to ensure that the business, brand and individual’s objectives are met alongside succession planning.
- To work alongside buying teams to deliver commercial success; support brand onboarding, building strategic relationships to ensure maximum output and negotiations to achieve best possible commercial terms.
- Continuous data, reporting, process and ways of working review to drive high standards of best practice and standardise ways of working across our office globally.
- Proven track record as a Manager and Leader of People within a Merchandising and Supply Chain environment.
- A degree level or equivalent in a relevant subject such as Business Management & Economics.
- Commercial awareness and the ability to relate business needs and requirements in a compelling and understandable way to the team and the wider business stakeholders.
- The leadership skills to lead a team and engage/influence multiple stakeholders at all levels of the organisation.
- Demonstrated ability to quickly appraise complex situations, identify key issues and make tough, timely decisions.
- The ability to work under pressure and be resilient and tenacious to get results.
- Excellent communication skills to instigate and maintain excellent working relationships with customers, global suppliers, third parties and cross business stakeholders.
- Competitive salary
- Onsite Doctor
- Employee discounts
- Gym Discounts
- Company bonus scheme
- Company pension scheme
THG is proud to be a Disability Confident Committed employer. If you are invited to interview, please let us know if there are any reasonable adjustments we can make to the recruitment process that will enable you to perform to the best of your ability.
Because of the high volumes of applications our opportunities attract, it sometimes takes us time to review and consider them all. We endeavour to respond to every application we receive within 14 days. If you haven't heard from us within that time frame or should you have any specific questions about this or other applications for positions at THG please contact one of our Talent team to discuss further.
THG is committed to creating a diverse & inclusive environment and hence welcomes applications from all sections of the community.
Apply for this job