Head of Finance – Ingenuity
Finance & Fraud
Icon 1, M90 5AA
THG is a fast-moving, global technology business that specialises in taking brands direct to consumers. Our world-class proprietary tech and infrastructure powers our extensive portfolio of beauty, nutrition and lifestyle brands and is now helping drive exponential growth of our clients’ brands globally.
We’re powered by a global team of over 7,000 ambitious people around the world. Our culture is fast-paced and entrepreneurial, it’s this DNA that has supported our incredible growth.
We’re always looking for individuals that can bring fresh and innovative thinking to THG, and play a part in driving the group forward on its exciting journey. So, if you’re ready to take the next big step in your career, challenge yourself every day and evolve with the world around you, THG is ready for you.
Location: Icon 1, M90 5AA
About Finance at THG
Finance at THG is a rapidly growing and evolving team, covering all areas of finance from central functions such as accounts receivable and payable, treasury, tax and internal audit, to specific commercial teams for each of our divisions; Beauty, Tech, Consumer, Health and Brands. As the business expands and takes on new challenges in the form of acquired businesses or new ventures, finance is there to support every step of the way, leading to dynamic and challenging roles – no two days are the same! Common characteristics among our team are the ability to drive change, adaptability and resourcefulness, to ensure we can keep pace with the business, without compromising on financial control or sales performance.
About the Role
THG Ingenuity is THG’s proprietary, end-to-end technology and operating platform that has enabled the group to successfully build and scale its own global, direct-to-consumer brands, including market leaders Myprotein and lookfantastic. The platform continues to power THG’s $1.5 bn annual turnover and now services a growing portfolio of international retailers ready to take their brands to the next level of growth, working with businesses including large well know international brands.
Ingenuity offers an end-to-end solution to our clients and comprises multiple divisions including Ecommerce, Digital – state-of- the-art digital content, Fluently – helping organisations and brands communicate fluently in over 160 languages and Hosting - end-to-end digital commerce ecosystem built for seamless ecommerce and customer engagement.
- Lead and mentor the Ingenuity Finance team, by providing clear objectives, to ensure high levels of performance and all deliverables are met.
- Manage the month end process across the division, reviewing progress at key points in the month end cycle and highlighting risks and material variances to forecast to the FD.
- Oversee management of the Sub-ledgers, maximising Working Capital and reducing risk
- Build and manage client relationships with Ingenuity finance team
- Lead monthly balance sheet reviews and ensure that risk and opportunity is appropriately managed and controlled.
- Working with the team to review and assist where required, in the preparation of weekly/ quarterly rolling forecasting and annual budgets on financial performance as well as presenting these to local and wider stakeholders.
- Ensure strong financial controls are in place and continue to challenge and improve the existing controls.
- Support the wider team with their deliverables and ongoing development.
- Oversee and drive systems implementation
- A proactive approach to month-end and financial planning.
- Qualified Accountant (CIMA/ ACCA/ ACA)
- Experience in leading and developing Finance teams.
- Experience working within a fast-paced environment
- Ability to manage a high-volume workload in a fast-moving and changeable environment.
- Analytical, quick to grasp the fundamentals of a business and have strong communication skills.
- Proven, hands-on experience of management reporting in a large and complex business.
- Ambitious and keen to add instant value across the division.
- Proven record of delivering against targets and process improvement.
- Strong leadership skills and ability to form relationships with key stakeholders.
- Competitive salary
- Onsite Doctor
- Employee discounts
- Gym Discounts
- Company bonus scheme
- Company pension scheme
THG is proud to be a Disability Confident Committed employer. If you are invited to interview, please let us know if there are any reasonable adjustments we can make to the recruitment process that will enable you to perform to the best of your ability.
Because of the high volumes of applications our opportunities attract, it sometimes takes us time to review and consider them all. We endeavour to respond to every application we receive within 14 days. If you haven't heard from us within that time frame or should you have any specific questions about this or other applications for positions at THG please contact one of our Talent team to discuss further.
THG is committed to creating a diverse & inclusive environment and hence welcomes applications from all sections of the community.
Apply for this job