Head of Digital Marketing - Retail
THG is a fast-moving, global technology business that specialises in taking brands direct to consumers. Our world-class proprietary tech and infrastructure powers our extensive portfolio of beauty, nutrition and lifestyle brands and is now helping drive exponential growth of our clients’ brands globally.
We’re powered by a global team of over 10,000 ambitious people around the world. Our culture is fast-paced and entrepreneurial, it’s this DNA that has supported our incredible growth.
We’re always looking for individuals that can bring fresh and innovative thinking to THG, and play a part in driving the group forward on its exciting journey. So, if you’re ready to take the next big step in your career, challenge yourself every day and evolve with the world around you, THG is ready for you.
THG Ingenuity has been powering the growth of our own brands since 2004 and now provides a tailored, end-to-end technology solution to our rapidly growing portfolio of partners. These include household names like Coca-Cola, Homebase, Elemis, Nestle and Hotel Chocolat.
We provide the capabilities and expertise to support clients across the full breadth of ecommerce solutions, from hosting and translation to product development, manufacturing and content creation. Built to empower both brands and customers alike, the THG Ingenuity ecosystem combines everything needed for a seamless customer journey at every touchpoint.
THG Ingenuity is seeing unprecedented growth as more companies look to scale their offering online with us. It’s an incredibly exciting time to be joining the team.
As Head of Digital Marketing, you will be an accomplished marketing leader with exceptional management skills and a proven track record of multi-channel delivery. We’re looking for someone that has previously had hands on channel experience across key performance channels and has an ability to manage the full marketing mix for a given category.
Reporting into the General Manager, our Head of Digital Marketing will have full ownership for channel execution with their KPIs primarily being the delivery of channel GMV, COS and performance vs target. Largely an internal facing role, your work alongside a Head of Client Marketing that will be responsible for KPIs client side, and ultimately the execution and strategy at a client level.
- Managing a team of channel leads to ensure best-in-class execution across all channels.
- Driving innovation at a channel level ensuring the learnings from the central team are put in place across the vertical
- Building a digital channel approach that takes on the specific requirements of the category to create an industry-leading digital marketing team.
- Responsible for the allocation of channel resource for the vertical and the owning the recruitment pipeline based on sold in FTE
- Ultimate ownership for the management of the marketing budget and shared ownership of hitting KPIs for the vertical.
- Reporting across all marketing channels
- Identify trends and insights to ensure your team are effectively optimising digital media spend and performance. Share those insights with the wider marketing teams
- Ownership of a testing matrix across all applicable channels to provide greater insights
- Ongoing optimisation of digital marketing activity to ensure that best practice and other learnings are systematically gathered and implemented
- Creating an environment to share learnings & insights cross channel to ensure no team is working in silo.
- Focusing on KPIs: traffic, CPA (cost per acquisition), CRC (customer retention cost), CLTV (customer life time value) and COS, and coordinating the best channels and levers to ultimately deliver the clients long term commercial objectives.
- Ensuring a coordinated channel response when briefed by the client marketing team.
- Working closely with the relevant Heads of Trading & Head of Client Marketing to deliver vertical KPIs
- Working with the Client Marketing and eCommerce Teams to drive onboarding and growth for our brands embedding best practice across all areas of the customer funnel
- Proven marketing leader
- Commercial, ambitious, and driven
- Experience of managing a team and enabling and motivating individuals to fulfil their roles
- Strong management communication skills with ability to upward and downward manage
- History of channel execution
- Experience of working in a fast-paced e-commerce environment with ability to manage and prioritise individual and team workloads
- Entrepreneurial thinker with ability to drive innovation and present new ideas and solutions to support company growth
- Competitive salary at an LSE listed company
- Bonus scheme
- Access to onsite doctor.
- Leadership and Development training throughout your career.
- An exciting, fast-paced working environment where you will work with and learn from the best in the business
Because of the high volumes of applications our opportunities attract, it sometimes takes us time to review and consider them all. We endeavour to respond to every application we receive within 14 days. If you haven't heard from us within that time frame or should you have any specific questions about this or other applications for positions at THG please contact one of our Talent team to discuss further.
THG is committed to creating a diverse & inclusive environment and hence welcomes applications from all sections of the community.
Apply for this job