Head Chef - King Street Townhouse Hotel & Spa (Full Time)
Manchester, United Kingdom
THG is a fast-moving, global technology business that specialises in taking brands direct to consumers. Our world-class proprietary tech and infrastructure powers our extensive portfolio of beauty, nutrition and lifestyle brands and is now helping drive exponential growth of our clients’ brands globally.
We’re powered by a global team of over 7,000 ambitious people around the world. Our culture is fast-paced and entrepreneurial, it’s this DNA that has supported our incredible growth.
We’re always looking for individuals that can bring fresh and innovative thinking to THG, and play a part in driving the group forward on its exciting journey. So, if you’re ready to take the next big step in your career, challenge yourself every day and evolve with the world around you, THG is ready for you.
We are currently recruiting for an experienced Head Chef to join us at King Street Townhouse Hotel.
We are looking for a talented, passionate individual to join our team and create memorable guest experiences. You will be responsible for maintaining the highest standard of professionalism in all areas of operation and carry out all duties to our world class standards.
- Fantastic bedroom rates for yourself and F&F
- 20% off dining at the hotel
- 50% off dining at Hale Country Club & Spa, also 50% discount on monthly club membership
- Up to 50% discounts on THG brands, including Myprotein, Lookfantastic, ESPA and many more!
- Onsite GP (avoid the waits!)
- Onsite physiotherapist
- Annual leave entitlement rising every year with service plus your birthday off
- Meals provided when on duty
About THG Experience
THG Experience is home to our portfolio of prestige event locations and luxury properties - including Hale Country Club & Spa, King Street Townhouse Hotel, Great John Street Hotel and 100 King Street. Through these venues, we create exceptional experiences, services and content - all of which ensure that our portfolio of brands and partners make real-world connections with their customers that create a lasting impact.
We also collaborate closely with THG Society, our influencer marketing platform, which allows brands to access extraordinary locations, create content and host events with influencers and clients.
THG Experience is perfectly positioned to deliver rapid growth for THG’s fast-moving, global brands. It’s an incredibly exciting time to be joining the team.
Main Duties of the Role
- Lead and inspire the team to deliver a 5* service through consistency of food
- Oversee day to day activity of the kitchen with accountability of health & safety and compliance regulations and food hygiene practices
- Work with wider THG Experience teams on new concept development ensuring the overall strategy is always considered
- To be responsible for the day to day running of the kitchen as directed by the General Manager
- To be responsible for the purchasing of all kitchen items and food control in line with agreed budgets
- Produce in conjunction with other chefs, menu plans, descriptions, costing, photographing and breakdown of all dishes available
- Work collaboratively with F&B Manager and Spa Manager to ensure a seamless food service in both areas
- Menu development and event food offering execution
- Cost control
- To prepare duty rota’s for your staff to ensure adequate cover at all times taking into account the seasonality of the business and to keep overtime to a minimum
- Conduct regular demonstrations of existing or new dishes and make sure a record is kept of such demonstrations to ensure good product knowledge of customer facing staff
- Regularly carry out a stock take of food items to ensure an adequate supply at all times and to inspect the quality of this to ensure statutory compliance
- To support staff within the department in order to develop the team to achieve a high standard of performance through training, coaching and mentoring, which may involve attendance of specific training courses to further development where possible and practicable to do so
- Experience as Head Chef in a high quality culinary environment
- Exceptional leadership and communication skills
- Proven ability of kitchen management
- Great attitude towards work & colleagues
- Ability to track expenses and manage a budget
- Excellent use of various cooking methods, ingredients, equipment and processes.
- Ability to multitask and work efficiently under pressure.
- Knowledge of best cooking practices and understanding of trends and new styles.
- Attention to detail and high standards of presentation, creative flair and imagination
- Experience working in a diverse environment
- Good communication skills
- Team-working skills
Because of the high volumes of applications our opportunities attract, it sometimes takes us time to review and consider them all. We endeavour to respond to every application we receive within 14 days. If you haven't heard from us within that time frame or should you have any specific questions about this or other applications for positions at THG please contact one of our Talent team to discuss further.
THG is committed to creating a diverse & inclusive environment and hence welcomes applications from all sections of the community.
Apply for this job