Group Internal Auditor
Icon 1, M90 5AA
THG is a fast-moving, global technology business that specialises in taking brands direct to consumers. Our world-class proprietary tech and infrastructure powers our extensive portfolio of beauty, nutrition and lifestyle brands and is now helping drive exponential growth of our clients’ brands globally.
We’re powered by a global team of over 7,000 ambitious people around the world. Our culture is fast-paced and entrepreneurial, it’s this DNA that has supported our incredible growth.
We’re always looking for individuals that can bring fresh and innovative thinking to THG, and play a part in driving the group forward on its exciting journey. So, if you’re ready to take the next big step in your career, challenge yourself every day and evolve with the world around you, THG is ready for you.
Location: Icon 1, M90 5AA
About Central Functions
Central Functions is formed of the teams and people that serve the entire business. These people are integral to the smooth running of the business; ensuring everyone is paid on time, that materials are sourced and arrive promptly, that we meet our legal obligations and that our health, safety, and security is safeguarded.
About Internal Audit Team and the Role
The THG Internal Audit team operates globally and covers all areas of the Group including, but not limited to, Finance, Commercial Finance, HR & Payroll, Procurement, Online Retail, Marketing, Customer Services, Logistics, Warehousing, Health & Safety, Security, Regulatory Compliance. The Audit team also operates across all Business units; Nutrition, Beauty, Luxury, Experience and Ingenuity.
As an Group Internal Auditor at THG you will be joining a team of high performing individuals, responsible for providing assurance across the Group that risk taking is controlled, mitigation strategies are in place and that guidance is provided where required to reduce risk exposure.
Reporting to the Senior Manager – Internal Audit, you will need to undertake your work in an agile manner in order to deliver a challenging, risk-based, and value-adding Internal Audit plan across the Group’s global footprint.
- Leading audits globally and across all areas of the Group including, but not limited to, Commercial Finance, Procurement, Technology, Retail, Marketing, Customer Services, Logistics, Warehousing, IT & Shared Service functions.
- A significant proportion of our audits are commercial in nature and therefore require a commercially minded individual.
- You will get regular exposure to Senior Managers and will often report directly to these Senior Stakeholders.
- You will be expected to form your own judgements, make decisions and stand behind these as you navigate through to the completion of an audit.
- Proactively identifying new areas of internal and external risk.
- Developing individual audit engagement programmes.
- Conducting and developing audits in new and dynamic areas.
- Working with audit stakeholders across the Group to communicate audit findings, develop recommendations and monitor progress towards implementation.
- Presenting audit findings in written reports or appropriate alternatives.
- Contributing to the continuous improvement of Internal Audit processes.
- Providing on-going support and advice to the business regarding risk exposure and risk mitigation.
- Developing genuine relationships and trust with key business stakeholders whilst maintaining professional standards and ethics.
- Previous Internal or External Audit experience
- Part qualified or completed professional qualification (ACA / ACCA / CIA / IAP / CFAB)
- Ability to build strong relationships in the business and promote engagement with the Internal Audit activity.
- Forward thinking, highly motivated, strong minded, ability to deal with directional changes.
- Must be self-driven, pragmatic and able to work through ambiguity.
- Must be a team player and a collaborative thinker.
- A strong understanding of risk and control activities.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to adapt style to the situation
- Experience in discussing contentious matters, influencing key stakeholders to achieve outcomes, negotiating actions and deadlines, managing difficult conversations
- Advanced Excel skills
Desirable but not essential:
- Previous experience auditing systems and software
- Experience in data analytics, BI skills, SQL reporting and Tableau
- Understanding of IT systems
- Competitive salary
- Onsite Doctor
- Employee discounts
- Gym Discounts
- Company bonus scheme
- Company pension scheme
THG is proud to be a Disability Confident Committed employer. If you are invited to interview, please let us know if there are any reasonable adjustments we can make to the recruitment process that will enable you to perform to the best of your ability.
Because of the high volumes of applications our opportunities attract, it sometimes takes us time to review and consider them all. We endeavour to respond to every application we receive within 14 days. If you haven't heard from us within that time frame or should you have any specific questions about this or other applications for positions at THG please contact one of our Talent team to discuss further.
THG is committed to creating a diverse & inclusive environment and hence welcomes applications from all sections of the community.
Apply for this job