Group Director of Sales - THG Experience
Manchester, United Kingdom
THG is a fast-moving, global technology business that specialises in taking brands direct to consumers. Our world-class proprietary tech and infrastructure powers our extensive portfolio of beauty, nutrition and lifestyle brands and is now helping drive exponential growth of our clients’ brands globally.
We’re powered by a global team of over 7,000 ambitious people around the world. Our culture is fast-paced and entrepreneurial, it’s this DNA that has supported our incredible growth.
We’re always looking for individuals that can bring fresh and innovative thinking to THG, and play a part in driving the group forward on its exciting journey. So, if you’re ready to take the next big step in your career, challenge yourself every day and evolve with the world around you, THG is ready for you.
THG Experience is home to a collection of prestigious North-West properties including King Street Townhouse, King Street Townhouse Gym & Spa, Great John Street Hotel and Hale Country Club & Spa.
The Director of Sales will lead pro-active sales activity for the division, working with agencies and corporate clients to drive transient and MICE business across the Experience division. Alongside driving THG Own Brands and THG Clients to the portfolio to deliver Events within our properties. This is an exciting opportunity incorporating driving external and internal business into THG Experience property portfolio.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a driven and ambitious individual looking to utilise previous business development experience in a luxury hotel and members club environment.
- To develop and deliver on a business development and account management strategy
- Proactively identify and secure new business
- Follow up on all new prospective clients with one-to-one meetings
- Attend exhibitions and networking events and be an ambassador for the guest journey
- Establish and develop strong relationships with key clients as well as agents
- Stay up to date with industry trends and undertake competitor analysis
- Work closely with the wider sales and marketing team to maintain the most up to date information of city-wide events, including exhibitions, conventions and other major social events that will impact the hotel’s business
- Record and report on sales activity
- Strong experience in pro active room and MICE sales, in the luxury hotel sector
- Experience of working towards a budget for rooms and MICE sales
- Well-presented and excellent customer service skills
- Ability to build and maintain strong relationships
- Proactive and enthusiastic approach
Because of the high volumes of applications our opportunities attract, it sometimes takes us time to review and consider them all. We endeavour to respond to every application we receive within 14 days. If you haven't heard from us within that time frame or should you have any specific questions about this or other applications for positions at THG please contact one of our Talent team to discuss further.
THG is committed to creating a diverse & inclusive environment and hence welcomes applications from all sections of the community.
Apply for this job