Group Director of HSE
Manchester, United Kingdom
THG is a fast-moving, global technology business that specialises in taking brands direct to consumers. Our world-class proprietary tech and infrastructure powers our extensive portfolio of beauty, nutrition and lifestyle brands and is now helping drive exponential growth of our clients’ brands globally.
We’re powered by a global team of over 10,000 ambitious people around the world. Our culture is fast-paced and entrepreneurial, it’s this DNA that has supported our incredible growth.
We’re always looking for individuals that can bring fresh and innovative thinking to THG, and play a part in driving the group forward on its exciting journey. So, if you’re ready to take the next big step in your career, challenge yourself every day and evolve with the world around you, THG is ready for you.
Location: Icon 1, M90 5AA
About Central Functions
Central Functions is formed of the teams and people that serve the entire business. These people are integral to the smooth running of the business; ensuring everyone is paid on time, that materials are sourced and arrive promptly, that we meet our legal obligations and that our health, safety, and security is safeguarded.
About Health, Safety & Environment and Your Role
The Health & Safety team ensure that we operate safe working environments for all THG employees and visitors. The team provide on-site support to ensure risks are managed in a timely fashion, as well as completing audits and checks to so the business meets all health, safety and environment-related legislative requirements.
The Group Director of HSE is responsible for executing and delivering the Health, Safety and Environment strategy across the group; encompassing multiple business functions such as, including fulfilment, warehousing, operations, manufacturing, aviation, hotels, spas, studios, offices, and data centres. The post holder will be heavily involved with the HSE elements of major projects globally across various territories (UK, APAC, US, EMEA), and will be required to influence, manage and promote the continued development and embedding of the HSE culture across THG.
Responsibilities (clearly linked to KPIs):
- Provide board assurance on THG HSE performance, vision and objectives.
- Work closely with the Chief Risk Officer and the Senior Management teams to continue to develop and deliver the HSE strategy to support the business objectives across the diverse services, business divisions and territories.
- Manage the development, implementation and management of systems to continually improve HSE across the business.
- Develop robust reporting regimes for HSE statistics.
- Ensure THG’s global HSE Policy and Standards are regularly reviewed and updated to ensure compliance with national and local legislative requirements.
- Ensure all safety training is suitable and sufficient to meet all legal obligations
- Responsible for the business response to all third-party safety requests from relevant third parties such as the HSE, EA or Local Authorities
- Manage the HSE workstream for any Mergers & Acquisitions in terms of due diligence, legal compliance, audit, integration plans and action plans.
- Ensure HSE department/sites are resourced adequately according to the needs of the business and risk profile.
- Develop insightful recommendations to address complex operational and strategic HSE issues/findings.
- Provide professional expert HSE advice and guidance to the Global HSE Team and relevant stakeholders.
- Provide oversight and input into the assessment and management of the Health and Safety Principal Risk and associated risk register for THG.
- Any other relevant duties required by the role in relation to HSE
- Chartered Member of IOSH
- NEBOSH Diploma or equivalent academic degree
- NEBOSH Fire & Risk Management Certificate
- NEBOSH General Certificate in Occupational, Health & Safety
- Lead Auditor/Internal Auditor ISO 45001, 14001, 9001 is desirable
- NFPA Fire Code 1 certificate is desirable
- Environmental qualification such as IEMA Foundation Certificate or equivalent
- Previous experience working managing and leading a team and major projects
- Effective people skills, and influencing change
- Global HSE Management experience across UK, US, EMEA, APAC is desirable
- Competitive salary
- Onsite Doctor
- Employee discounts
- Gym Discounts
- Company bonus scheme
- Company pension scheme
THG is proud to be a Disability Confident Committed employer. If you are invited to interview, please let us know if there are any reasonable adjustments we can make to the recruitment process that will enable you to perform to the best of your ability.
Because of the high volumes of applications our opportunities attract, it sometimes takes us time to review and consider them all. We endeavour to respond to every application we receive within 14 days. If you haven't heard from us within that time frame or should you have any specific questions about this or other applications for positions at THG please contact one of our Talent team to discuss further.
THG is committed to creating a diverse & inclusive environment and hence welcomes applications from all sections of the community.
Apply for this job