Group Business Integrity and Compliance Manager
Icon 1, M90 5AA
THG is a fast-moving, global technology business that specialises in taking brands direct to consumers. Our world-class proprietary tech and infrastructure powers our extensive portfolio of beauty, nutrition and lifestyle brands and is now helping drive exponential growth of our clients’ brands globally.
We’re powered by a global team of over 7,000 ambitious people around the world. Our culture is fast-paced and entrepreneurial, it’s this DNA that has supported our incredible growth.
We’re always looking for individuals that can bring fresh and innovative thinking to THG, and play a part in driving the group forward on its exciting journey. So, if you’re ready to take the next big step in your career, challenge yourself every day and evolve with the world around you, THG is ready for you.
Location: Icon 1, M90 5AA
About Central Functions
Central Functions is formed of the teams and people that serve the entire business. These people are integral to the smooth running of the business; ensuring everyone is paid on time, that materials are sourced and arrive promptly, that we meet our legal obligations and that our health, safety, and security is safeguarded.
About the Internal Audit Team and the Role
The THG Internal Audit team operates globally and covers all areas of the Group including, but not limited to, Finance, Commercial Finance, HR & Payroll, Procurement, Online Retail, Marketing, Customer Services, Logistics, Warehousing, Health & Safety, Security, Regulatory Compliance. The Audit team also operates across all Business units; Nutrition, Beauty, Luxury, Experience and Ingenuity.
As Group Business Integrity Manager, you will be joining a high-performing team. This is a newly created role reporting into the Group Head of Internal Audit. In this role, you will support THG in ensuring that operations align with relevant laws, regulations, and internal policies. The responsibilities of this role are detailed below and categorised across 5 key areas:
1. Compliance landscape
- Understand the compliance landscape across THG.
- Keep up to date with relevant global laws, regulations, and guidelines, to ensure THG operates within the remit of all relevant legislation.
2. Strategy and framework
- Implement and embed a strategy and framework to ensure there is effective and efficient oversight of the global compliance landscape.
- Implement and embed a strategy and framework to ensure there is effective and efficient oversight over all of the standards that apply to THG including but not limited to; THG’s own group standards, standards imposed by our global B2B customers, and those imposed via our external accreditations (ISO, BRC, etc.)
3. Policies and procedures
- Oversee the development, implementation, and review of THG’s group policies, standards and procedures.
- Uphold the code of conduct and supporting policies throughout the organisation.
- Design and lead compliance training across the areas detailed above, with the support of our Group L&D team.
- Work collaboratively across multiple departments and all the lines of defense in delivering the above.
5. Compliance Reporting
- Work alongside the Internal Audit team to assess compliance with established policies and procedure across THG sites and the wider THG network (including our 3PLs).
- Deliver timely and accurate compliance reports to internal stakeholders and senior management, highlight areas of non-compliance and support the business in addressing weaknesses.
- Drive ownership and improvement where sites are currently falling below expectations.
- Proven experience as a Compliance Manager, or similar Risk and Assurance role, within fast-growing multinational organisations, preferably within the FMCG industry or similar.
- Prior experience of implementing and embedding compliance related strategies, frameworks and management systems.
- Background as a compliance generalist with a well-rounded and up-to-date knowledge of global topics including but not limited; Anti Money Laundering, Anti Bribery and Corruption, Data Protection, Human Rights and Modern Slavery, Health & Safety, Environmental & Sustainability and other areas of corporate compliance.
- Ability to foster a compliance-oriented culture across various stakeholder groups, including Legal, Finance, Shared Services, Human Resources, Internal Audit, Sales, Marketing, to advise on and enhance controls, including compliance-related issues.
- Ability to practically approach compliance and regulations. Be able to constructively challenge and question, whilst offering solutions which are in the best interest of the business.
- Ability to effectively convey compliance requirements to diverse audiences.
- Ability to influence change, deliver continuous improvements and manage stakeholders.
- Competitive salary
- Onsite Doctor
- Employee discounts
- Gym Discounts
- Company bonus scheme
- Company pension scheme
THG is proud to be a Disability Confident Committed employer. If you are invited to interview, please let us know if there are any reasonable adjustments we can make to the recruitment process that will enable you to perform to the best of your ability.
Because of the high volumes of applications our opportunities attract, it sometimes takes us time to review and consider them all. We endeavour to respond to every application we receive within 14 days. If you haven't heard from us within that time frame or should you have any specific questions about this or other applications for positions at THG please contact one of our Talent team to discuss further.
THG is committed to creating a diverse & inclusive environment and hence welcomes applications from all sections of the community.
Apply for this job