Finance & Fraud
Icon 1, M90 5AA
THG is a fast-moving, global technology business that specialises in taking brands direct to consumers. Our world-class proprietary tech and infrastructure powers our extensive portfolio of beauty, nutrition and lifestyle brands and is now helping drive exponential growth of our clients’ brands globally.
We’re powered by a global team of over 7,000 ambitious people around the world. Our culture is fast-paced and entrepreneurial, it’s this DNA that has supported our incredible growth.
We’re always looking for individuals that can bring fresh and innovative thinking to THG, and play a part in driving the group forward on its exciting journey. So, if you’re ready to take the next big step in your career, challenge yourself every day and evolve with the world around you, THG is ready for you.
Location: Icon 1, M90 5AA
About Finance at THG
Finance at THG is a rapidly growing and evolving team, covering all areas of finance from central functions such as accounts receivable and payable, treasury, tax and internal audit, to specific commercial teams for each of our divisions; Beauty, Tech, Consumer, Health and Brands. As the business expands and takes on new challenges in the form of acquired businesses or new ventures, finance is there to support every step of the way, leading to dynamic and challenging roles – no two days are the same! Common characteristics among our team are the ability to drive change, adaptability, resourcefulness, and an entrepreneurial spirit, to ensure we can keep pace with the business, without compromising on financial control or sales performance.
About the Role
The Group is a listed business with increasing corporate governance and accounting requirements worldwide. You will be reporting into the Head of Financial Reporting and support across our financial reporting and Group finance function.
You will have a strong financial reporting skill base, able to support across UK and global compliance, lead the THG PLC Group audit along with supporting on one off projects as they arise. Sitting at a Group level, you will see all divisions of the business and work closely with our commercial teams, tax, treasury and investor relations, you will therefore be someone who is personable and keen to build strong relationships and networks across the business. You will have strong project management skills driving high quality deliverables on time.
You will be part of the Group Finance team, reporting into the Head of Financial Reporting.
- Support the wider Group Financial reporting team on the delivery of the THG Group audit, interim and other reporting requirements,
Opportunity to get involved with one off projects,
- Supporting technical analysis on intangible and tangible assets including forecasting,
- Investigate and present a conclusion on technical matters, including one off queries, papers for the audit process and accounting papers throughout the year,
- Constantly challenge the status quo on how we can improve controls across the Group, implement ideas and improvements to strength our financial controls,
- Develop a project plan and use tools to monitor each cycle from planning to delivery,
- Build strong networks across the business, regularly liaising with the divisional teams, legal teams and company secretarial team to obtain information and project manage fulfilment of audit responsibilities,
- Review of statutory information provided by divisional teams,
- Liaise with the tax compliance and indirect tax team,
- Be the point of contact for advisors and auditors as required,
- Report to the Head of Financial Reporting and Group Finance Director regularly on key issues.
- Qualified Accountant – Newly qualified (ACA, ACCA or CIMA) – ideal for a first time mover from practice,
- Understanding the principles of accounting and auditing, demonstrating a keen eye for detail,
- Strong communication skills as this will involve dealing with a wide range of stakeholders across the business,
- An individual who is keen to build strong networks,
- Financial Reporting experience and experience with IFRS,
- Understanding of financial controls framework desired,
- Excellent reporting skills and being able to summarise the work performed in a simple and presentable way,
- Experience working within a fast-paced environment,
- Planning and organisational skills with proven ability to meet deadlines,
- A confident mindset, comfortable in dealing with a wide range of key stakeholders.
- Competitive salary
- Onsite doctor
- Employee discounts
- Gym discounts
- Company bonus scheme
- Company pension scheme
THG is proud to be a Disability Confident Committed employer. If you are invited to interview, please let us know if there are any reasonable adjustments we can make to the recruitment process that will enable you to perform to the best of your ability.
Because of the high volumes of applications our opportunities attract, it sometimes takes us time to review and consider them all. We endeavour to respond to every application we receive within 14 days. If you haven't heard from us within that time frame or should you have any specific questions about this or other applications for positions at THG please contact one of our Talent team to discuss further.
THG is committed to creating a diverse & inclusive environment and hence welcomes applications from all sections of the community.
Apply for this job