Full Stack Software Engineer
Manchester, United Kingdom (remote)
THG is a fast-moving, global technology business that specialises in taking brands direct to consumers. Our world-class proprietary tech and infrastructure powers our extensive portfolio of beauty, nutrition and lifestyle brands and is now helping drive exponential growth of our clients’ brands globally.
We’re powered by a global team of over 7,000 ambitious people around the world. Our culture is fast-paced and entrepreneurial, it’s this DNA that has supported our incredible growth.
We’re always looking for individuals that can bring fresh and innovative thinking to THG, and play a part in driving the group forward on its exciting journey. So, if you’re ready to take the next big step in your career, challenge yourself every day and evolve with the world around you, THG is ready for you.
What will I be doing?
We are looking for a Full Stack Engineer to join an established team that owns and develops our marketplace platform ‘Preloved’. Working within a full stack development team, you should feel comfortable bringing together multiple technologies and championing best practice to ensure the platform is designed and developed in a way that meets business goals, user needs, and technical requirements.
You will experience working together with stakeholders to deliver a vision that combines commercial considerations with best technological practices.
- Design, develop and maintain high-quality web applications ensuring seamless integration of front-end and back-end components, with enough DevOps understanding to lead deployment and maintain infrastructure within our own estate.
- create robust and scalable solutions that address both business and security needs to deliver good user experiences and protect the integrity of the company.
- Develop an understanding of the platform and problem solving skills that allow the resolution of technical issues in a timely and efficient manner, in addition to implementing appropriate solutions.
- Create, maintain and improve existing documentation that is clear and comprehensive to facilitate knowledge sharing and record technical decisions.
- Experience working with Java, SpringBoot and Restful APIs.
- Demonstrable understanding of end-to-end / unit / integration testing strategies for a given project.
- Experience in SQL Databases and version control (e.g. Git)
- Familiarity with containerization technologies is a plus (e.g., Docker, Kubernetes).
- Pension scheme
- Enhanced maternity and paternity pay
- Continuous development through our in-house L&D team
- Work with cutting edge technology
- Staff discounts on THG brands and Hale Country Club
- On-site or virtual doctor
Because of the high volumes of applications our opportunities attract, it sometimes takes us time to review and consider them all. We endeavour to respond to every application we receive within 14 days. If you haven't heard from us within that time frame or should you have any specific questions about this or other applications for positions at THG please contact one of our Talent team to discuss further.
THG is committed to creating a diverse & inclusive environment and hence welcomes applications from all sections of the community.
Apply for this job