THG is a fast-moving, global technology business that specialises in taking brands direct to consumers. Our world-class proprietary tech and infrastructure powers our extensive portfolio of beauty, nutrition and lifestyle brands and is now helping drive exponential growth of our clients’ brands globally.
We’re powered by a global team of over 10,000 ambitious people around the world. Our culture is fast-paced and entrepreneurial, it’s this DNA that has supported our incredible growth.
We’re always looking for individuals that can bring fresh and innovative thinking to THG, and play a part in driving the group forward on its exciting journey. So, if you’re ready to take the next big step in your career, challenge yourself every day and evolve with the world around you, THG is ready for you.
About Central Functions
Central Functions is formed of the teams and people that serve the entire business. These people are integral to the smooth running of the business; ensuring everyone is paid on time, that materials are sourced and arrive promptly, that we meet our legal obligations and that our health, safety, and security is safeguarded.
About Procurement and Supply Chain and the Role
The Procurement and Supply Chain team are responsible for the processes and materials behind the manufacture and distribution of the goods that THG creates and sells. The work the team does is critical in ensuring the business is competitive in the market.
Reporting to the Head of Freight, the Freight Executive will ensure that logistic transport and delivery solutions are provided to meet targets set by the business by driving strategic initiatives.
- To ensure that logistics transport and delivery solutions are provided to meet with targets set by the business by driving strategic initiatives
- Act as point of contact for all freight movements inbound and outbound at THG Poland.
- To develop new freight partners, working both with agents and directly with shipping lines.
- To optimise and drive efficiencies of existing delivery lanes
- To optimise the mix of costs and service in line with the business expectations
- To continuously and sustainably ensure that THG’s customers experience the best possible service from our partners
- To carry out this role effectively you will need to have a good understanding of current network and key partners for Europe and capability to negotiate service deliverables and cost savings
- Maintain communication and control through all phases of the journey
- Maintain current knowledge of relevant legislation, political situations and other factors that could affect the movement of freight
- Ensuring the business is compliant with regulations relevant to Logistics
- To develop excellent working relationships with our global 3PL’s
- Excellent communication skills - you will be liaising with a variety of people
- Air, Sea and Road logistics knowledge
- Export, Import and European distribution experience.
- Polish customs experience.
- Clarity in communication, as major problems could arise through inaccuracies
- Good organisational and planning skills
- Good geographical knowledge
- Flexibility and the ability to adapt to changing circumstances
- Problem-solving ability, particularly when working under pressure
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- If you have experience working in the Transport and Delivery side of Logistics, with international freight forwarders and 3PL partners plus a very good understanding of logistics and e-commerce that would be an advantage
- Competitive salary
- Onsite Doctor
- Employee discounts
- Gym Discounts
- Company bonus scheme
- Company pension scheme
THG is proud to be a Disability Confident Committed employer. If you are invited to interview, please let us know if there are any reasonable adjustments we can make to the recruitment process that will enable you to perform to the best of your ability.
Because of the high volumes of applications our opportunities attract, it sometimes takes us time to review and consider them all. We endeavour to respond to every application we receive within 14 days. If you haven't heard from us within that time frame or should you have any specific questions about this or other applications for positions at THG please contact one of our Talent team to discuss further.
THG is committed to creating a diverse & inclusive environment and hence welcomes applications from all sections of the community.
Apply for this job