Food and Beverage Manager - King Street Townhouse Hotel
Manchester, United Kingdom
THG is a fast-moving, global technology business that specialises in taking brands direct to consumers. Our world-class proprietary tech and infrastructure powers our extensive portfolio of beauty, nutrition and lifestyle brands and is now helping drive exponential growth of our clients’ brands globally.
We’re powered by a global team of over 7,000 ambitious people around the world. Our culture is fast-paced and entrepreneurial, it’s this DNA that has supported our incredible growth.
We’re always looking for individuals that can bring fresh and innovative thinking to THG, and play a part in driving the group forward on its exciting journey. So, if you’re ready to take the next big step in your career, challenge yourself every day and evolve with the world around you, THG is ready for you.
We're currently recruiting for a talented Food and Beverage Manager to join King Street Townhouse, a baby grand hotel that has 40 bedrooms, suites and conference / events spaces. This is the perfect opportunity for someone looking to work directly for an established company, as well as furthering their career in the hotel industry. The hotel also includes King Street Tavern (bar, restaurant and wine cellars), afternoon tea rooms, conferencing /event space, gym and treatment rooms, which are available to hotel guests. King Street Townhouse boasts some amazing features, such as its rooftop infinity spa pool, with views of the spires and clock tower of Manchester’s iconic town hall. The hotel prides itself in its reputation for special events and occasions. As such we are very popular for christenings, wedding parties, anniversaries and birthday celebrations. In addition to this we also have regular corporate banquets and events.
Purpose of the Role:
Reporting directly to the Deputy GM, the role of Food and Beverage Manager is to lead and supervise the catering service Team (Restaurant & Bars and Conferencing & Banqueting ). To manage and control all aspects of the hotel’s catering function, service standards, food quality and service delivery.
- To lead the catering team by example.
- To be organised and structured
- To be approachable, helpful & polite, to co-operate and work with departmental colleagues and team members across the business
- To carry out tasks as designated and manage the day to day practical aspects of the catering services in an organised, structured and professional way
- To work harmoniously with other departmental supervisors and team members.
- To be accountable and responsible as directed for the effective supervision of the department.
- To be focused and attentive to the needs and requirements of both customers and team members
- To act and behave professionally at all times, with a sense of urgency, to work with integrity.
- Consistently strive to maintain quality and service standards
- Carry out all tasks and procedures fairly and without bias in line with statutory requirements and ensure that customer service and brand standards are delivered in line with the brand and performance objectives of the Hotel.
Because of the high volumes of applications our opportunities attract, it sometimes takes us time to review and consider them all. We endeavour to respond to every application we receive within 14 days. If you haven't heard from us within that time frame or should you have any specific questions about this or other applications for positions at THG please contact one of our Talent team to discuss further.
THG is committed to creating a diverse & inclusive environment and hence welcomes applications from all sections of the community.
Apply for this job