Financial Controller - Beauty Brands (12 month FTC)
Finance & Fraud
THG Beauty Finance
Icon 1, M90 5AA
THG is a fast-moving, global technology business that specialises in taking brands direct to consumers. Our world-class proprietary tech and infrastructure powers our extensive portfolio of beauty, nutrition and lifestyle brands and is now helping drive exponential growth of our clients’ brands globally.
We’re powered by a global team of over 7,000 ambitious people around the world. Our culture is fast-paced and entrepreneurial, it’s this DNA that has supported our incredible growth.
We’re always looking for individuals that can bring fresh and innovative thinking to THG, and play a part in driving the group forward on its exciting journey. So, if you’re ready to take the next big step in your career, challenge yourself every day and evolve with the world around you, THG is ready for you.
Location: Icon 1, M90 5AA
About Finance at THG
Finance at THG is a rapidly growing and evolving team, covering all areas of finance from central functions such as accounts receivable and payable, treasury, tax and internal audit, to specific commercial teams for each of our divisions; Beauty, Tech, Consumer, Health and Brands. As the business expands and takes on new challenges in the form of acquired businesses or new ventures, finance is there to support every step of the way, leading to dynamic and challenging roles – no two days are the same! Common characteristics among our team are the ability to drive change, adaptability, and resourcefulness, to ensure we can keep pace with the business, without compromising on financial control or sales performance.
About the Role
This role is within the Beauty Brands Division Finance function, and reports to the Head of Finance. It offers exposure to our amazing global brands such Perricone MD, Christophe Robin & ESPA. This position involves extensive business partnering with senior stakeholders to drive profitability.
- Lead and mentor 2-3 direct reports by providing clear objectives and incentives to ensure high levels of performance and all deliverables are met.
- Manage the month end process from start to finish, posting journals, reconciling balance sheet accounts and writing commentary and analysis on key variances.
- Lead monthly balance sheet review meeting and ensure that HOF and FD are advised of risk and opportunity.
- Business partner with relevant Brand head(s) and business units to monitor performance and spend, play a part in commercial decision making and financial control for relevant brands.
- Prepare weekly forecast and present back to HOF and FD, advising on risk and opportunities, and providing all relevant variance analysis.
- Work closely with the HOF and FD on annual budgets and forecasting processes.
- Support the HOF with ad-hoc requests and work where necessary.
- Qualified Accountant (CIMA/ ACCA/ ACA)
- Experience in leading and developing Finance teams.
- Ability to thrive in a fast paced and ever changing environment, with changing deadlines and priorities.
- Excellent communication skills - personable and articulate.
- Analytical skills, with the ability to effectively summarise and interpret data for wide range of stakeholders.
- Ambitious and keen to add instant value across the division.
- Proven record of delivering against targets and process improvement.
- Strong leadership skills and ability to form relationships with key stakeholders.
- Competitive salary
- Onsite Doctor
- Employee discounts
- Gym Discounts
- Company bonus scheme
- Company pension scheme
THG is proud to be a Disability Confident Committed employer. If you are invited to interview, please let us know if there are any reasonable adjustments we can make to the recruitment process that will enable you to perform to the best of your ability.
Because of the high volumes of applications our opportunities attract, it sometimes takes us time to review and consider them all. We endeavour to respond to every application we receive within 14 days. If you haven't heard from us within that time frame or should you have any specific questions about this or other applications for positions at THG please contact one of our Talent team to discuss further.
THG is committed to creating a diverse & inclusive environment and hence welcomes applications from all sections of the community.
Apply for this job