Finance SSC Manager: Nutrition
THG is a fast-moving, global technology business that specialises in taking brands direct to consumers. Our world-class proprietary tech and infrastructure powers our extensive portfolio of beauty, nutrition and lifestyle brands and is now helping drive exponential growth of our clients’ brands globally.
We’re powered by a global team of over 10,000 ambitious people around the world. Our culture is fast-paced and entrepreneurial, it’s this DNA that has supported our incredible growth.
We’re always looking for individuals that can bring fresh and innovative thinking to THG, and play a part in driving the group forward on its exciting journey. So, if you’re ready to take the next big step in your career, challenge yourself every day and evolve with the world around you, THG is ready for you.
THG is one of the world’s fastest growing and largest online retailers. We have over a decade of experience building and growing brands in the Beauty and Wellness sectors, in over 160 markets. We create brilliant digital brand experiences and our in-house team design, develop and build a bespoke proprietary technology platform that is used by hundreds of millions of people worldwide. With a world-class business, a proprietary technology platform, and disruptive business model, our ambition is to be the global digital leader. Our culture is fast-paced and ambitious – we like to move twice as fast others believe to be possible. This belief is a fundamental part of the DNA that has supported our incredible growth. Our people are our strength and we have over 4,000 diverse, smart thinkers across the globe who are encouraged to think creatively and empowered to turn their ideas into actions. To support our ambitious growth, we are looking for commercially astute, ambitious individuals that can bring fresh and innovative thinking to THG and play a part in driving the Group forward on its truly exciting journey.
About Finance at THG
Finance at THG is a rapidly growing and evolving team, covering all areas of finance from central functions such as accounts receivable and payable, treasury, tax and internal audit, to specific commercial teams for each of our divisions; Beauty, Tech, Consumer, Health and Brands. As the business expands and takes on new challenges in the form of acquired businesses or new ventures, finance is there to support every step of the way, leading to dynamic and challenging roles – no two days are the same! Common characteristics among our team are the ability to drive change, adaptability and resourcefulness, to ensure we can keep pace with the business, without compromising on financial control or sales performance.
About the Role
Reporting into the CFO of Nutrition Division the Finance SSC Manager is accountable for the transactional delivery of Divisional Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable and Credit Control activities.
The FSSC Manager leads the Transactional Finance Teams, ensuring all related processes and controls are operating efficiently and effectively as well as identifying, assessing and managing financial risks as necessary.
The FSSC Manager is responsible for the Service Delivery to the Business and ensures KPIs and SLAs are met consistently.
Working alongside with other peer managers and relevant Business stakeholders, the role is cross-functional with Operations, Buyers, Sales and other THG internal functions, hence requires the ability to build excellent relationships and synergies with internal and external stakeholders as well as negotiating to achieve desired outcomes across the wider business.
- Manage all aspects of purchase ledger/accounts payable transactional processes, including: supplier invoice processing, verification of invoices to GRNs and PO’s, supplier statement reconciliations, supplier queries management
- Manage all aspects of Accounts Receivable & Credit Control processes, including: customers billing, cash allocation, sales orders management, cash collection, customers statement reconciliations.
- Manage Sales Insurance as per THG Credit Policy
- Drive productivity and continuously improve the performance of the function through KPI’s/reporting with aligned desired behaviours
- Support THG Finance strategy and foster THG core behaviours within the department
- Coach, train, develop, encourage and motivate the team
- Foster relationship with multiple stakeholders ensuring processes are in place to monitor performance vs shared objectives and resolve issues impacting productivity and accuracy
- Month end Process management and reporting
- Ensure work instructions and workflows are in place for all processes, maintained and kept up to date with business changes and aligned with group policies and requirements
- Work closely with other functions to ensure the smooth functioning of the Transactional Finance Processes, influencing and supporting change in other functions where required
- Support internal and external audit processes and keep abreast with changes in legislation which might impact the business
- Act as process owner and ensure full adherence to the internal control framework
- Support the implementation of new technologies and/or system changes
- Educated to Degree level or equivalent Finance experience
- Fluent in English verbal and written
- Previous experience as a Manager in Transactional Finance
- Ability to act Process Owner across all areas of competence
- Office IT literate, preferably with advanced MS Excel skills
- Experience of working in a Shared Service centre
- Sage or other ERP system’s knowledge
- Previous experience in system/process migrations
- Ability to build a team from scratch
This role will be based out of our Manchester Airport offices. Whilst we do offer hybrid working, you would be required to attend the office at least 3 days a week.
Because of the high volumes of applications our opportunities attract, it sometimes takes us time to review and consider them all. We endeavour to respond to every application we receive within 14 days. If you haven't heard from us within that time frame or should you have any specific questions about this or other applications for positions at THG please contact one of our Talent team to discuss further.
THG is committed to creating a diverse & inclusive environment and hence welcomes applications from all sections of the community.
Apply for this job