Events Manager - Myprotein
Manchester, United Kingdom
THG is a fast-moving, global technology business that specialises in taking brands direct to consumers. Our world-class proprietary tech and infrastructure powers our extensive portfolio of beauty, nutrition and lifestyle brands and is now helping drive exponential growth of our clients’ brands globally.
We’re powered by a global team of over 7,000 ambitious people around the world. Our culture is fast-paced and entrepreneurial, it’s this DNA that has supported our incredible growth.
We’re always looking for individuals that can bring fresh and innovative thinking to THG, and play a part in driving the group forward on its exciting journey. So, if you’re ready to take the next big step in your career, challenge yourself every day and evolve with the world around you, THG is ready for you.
THG Nutrition & Wellness:
THG Nutrition & Wellness is home to some of the best loved and most trusted names in wellbeing and nutrition, including Myprotein, the world's largest online sports nutrition brand, its family of brands, Myvegan, Myvitamins, Command, MP Activewear and MyPRO, plus Exante Diet.
We want to be the world's most empowering health movement, championing everyone to live healthier, more active lives. Our brands and people exist to break boundaries, to power and empower those who want more. We break conventions, we’re a force for good, and we keep it real. These are the values that drive us through every day.
Everything we do is done in-house, from manufacturing and new product development to content creation, e-commerce, marketing and logistics. This means we’re perfectly positioned to deliver to our vision and keep our place at the top of a fast-moving, global industry.
It's an incredibly exciting time to join the team, and we’re always looking for talented people who share our vision and values to drive our Nutrition & Wellness movement forward.
Events Manager - Myprotein
Role Location: Manchester (WA15 0AF)
Working across the breadth of the Nutrition Division, reporting into the Senior Events Manager, we are looking for a passionate events manager responsible for the successful delivery of unforgettable activations within the World’s Number 1 Sports Nutrition Brand.
- Leading on the successful end-to-end delivery of a calendar of events, in line with Marketing Calendar and key brand moments, that drive our brand forward - executed to a high standard with creativity at the core.
- Strategically shaping our events calendar, with new ideas and approaches that help us continue to be first movers within the industry. Keeping up with industry trends and networking opportunities – looking for the next innovation in the world of events.
- Working closely with multiple teams across the marketing floor including; Influencers, Organic Social, Paid Social, MP Clothing, Brand & Campaigns etc to seamlessly create a 360 approach to events and activations
- Conceptualisation of larger scale, customer facing, brand events that move the needle on our overall brand perception and awareness. Delivering on the IRL strategy set-out by the brand team. All events should be an immersion into the brands identity.
- Creating meaningful experiences for those who attend our events and activations.
- Working effectively to deliver events within given budgets. Handling end-to-end finance, invoicing, timely payments and reconciliation of spend post-event.
- Managing relationships with event and logistic suppliers, new and existing, to bring in effective external resource where we don’t have the capability internally. Whilst capitalising on the internal resource we have within the wider THG.
- Leveraging your understanding of the industry and its key faces to steer the way we activate with our talent to create disruptive, viral content across our channels and influencer’s channels.
- Work closely with our Studios and Brand teams to deliver strong and on-brand creative to support the events.
- Analytically reporting on the success of events, quantitively and qualitatively, to the wider business including senior stakeholders to demonstrate ROI or performance vs. pre-agreed KPI’s.
- Identify the ideal events structure within Myp, develop this and recruit where needed – this should also include outlining development plans for any direct reports
- Remotely supporting the delivery of international events and activations, with native talent and staff.
- Working alongside the rest of the events team to continue to integrate a joint-up, social first, approach to the planning and proposal of events.
- 3+ years' experience in event management with a proven track record of curating disruptive experiences for brands.
- Experience managing projects end-to-end, with full control over budgets and financial management.
- The ability to perform to a high standard whist under pressure, prioritising key tasks to ensure deadlines are met.
- A conscientious self-starter who has the ability to see projects through to completion, driving stakeholders along the way.
- An understanding of how influencers can play a key role in building brand awareness, affinity, content creation and driving commercial value for brands.
- Knowledge of both current and emerging global platforms including but not limited to Instagram, Facebook, YouTube, TikTok etc.
- Strong communication skills with the ability to represent the brand in front of both customers and influencers.
- Experience working with suppliers and negotiating through RFP and onboarding
- The ability to think strategically and plan-ahead in line with broader business objectives.
What's on offer:
- Competitive Salary
- Hybrid working
- Discounts across all THG brands
- Onsite Gym
- Onsite Doctor
- Onsite Hair Dresser
- Other benefits
Because of the high volumes of applications our opportunities attract, it sometimes takes us time to review and consider them all. We endeavour to respond to every application we receive within 14 days. If you haven't heard from us within that time frame or should you have any specific questions about this or other applications for positions at THG please contact one of our Talent team to discuss further.
THG is committed to creating a diverse & inclusive environment and hence welcomes applications from all sections of the community.
Apply for this job