ESPA Training Manager
Manchester, United Kingdom
THG is a fast-moving, global technology business that specialises in taking brands direct to consumers. Our world-class proprietary tech and infrastructure powers our extensive portfolio of beauty, nutrition and lifestyle brands and is now helping drive exponential growth of our clients’ brands globally.
We’re powered by a global team of over 10,000 ambitious people around the world. Our culture is fast-paced and entrepreneurial, it’s this DNA that has supported our incredible growth.
We’re always looking for individuals that can bring fresh and innovative thinking to THG, and play a part in driving the group forward on its exciting journey. So, if you’re ready to take the next big step in your career, challenge yourself every day and evolve with the world around you, THG is ready for you.
About the Division - THG Beauty Brands
With an industry recognised portfolio of market leading beauty brands, we are accelerating our momentum to become the number one Health and Beauty retailer globally. With brands across multiple categories such as; Perricone MD, Illasmaqua, ESPA, Christophe Robin and Grow Gorgeous we have people and their ambition, passion and unremitting determination at the heart of what we do - whether we are innovating our packaging, building disruptive ecommerce capabilities or creating a powerful brand campaign.
About the Role
You will play a key role in maintaining the integrity of ESPA treatments and products to ensure that an inspirational and accurate message is always communicated. You will deliver exceptional training on ESPA in line with brand high standards. Deliver and support all therapists to keep sessions engaging, focused and learner lead. Travelling extensively is part of the role to support our salons and spas.
- Maintain exceptional treatment and training standards ensuring the brand is represented and facilitated by all accounts worldwide and within our Training Schools.
- Communicate at all business levels and be able to adopt varied teaching techniques to accommodate different learning styles and cultural nuances.
- Actively encourage sales techniques on all courses. Must be simple, well delivered & understood bringing the products personalities to life & focussing on benefits.
- Embrace all new and exciting changes to courses in a positive light.
- Continue to teach all therapists how to tailor make treatments to the client’s needs/concerns to result in successful purchasing of recommended skincare solutions.
- Ensure that accurate and practical training notes are prepared and distributed during training sessions and that they are regularly updated.
- Create accurate evaluation reports for all therapists upon completion of their course and any other relevant documentation required.
- To become trained in all levels of ESPA treatments and products and keep updated on new techniques or changes to procedures and to provide the support team with any recommendations or improvements to the training documents.
- Being responsible for your training, ensuring you have all necessary information in plenty of time. Ensure that you can do all training set out & highlight needs
- Submit correct expenses, timesheets, and Training Reports per course for all on-site training and at the end of each course.
- Create your own training plans (which will be sent for approval) for all training, ensuring that they are productive and effective
- Carry out ESPA treatments at our managed accounts or on press as required
- Technology at the heart of learning i.e. Embrace online learning /virtual training
- Keep updated on new ESPA techniques or changes to procedures and ensure consistent communication when delivering training.
- Responsible for updating yourself with all company information e.g. marketing new products, display aids etc and ensure that the information given in training is accurate and up to date.
- Support other Training Managers and assist in presentations or demonstrations when required.
- Responsible for keeping all training areas immaculate and hygienic, and ensuring all necessary stock levels are maintained.
- To be flexible and fully prepared at all times
- Completion of all training sessions in time allocated
- All therapists to leave training competent in the ESPA standards
- Manage and lead the classroom settings
- Engage all therapists to share ESPA ethos and standards
- Complete and use all digital training tools and reporting
- Teaching /lecturing experience
- ESPA treatment trained – Beneficial
- Mandarin speaker – Beneficial
- Minimum of NVQ Level 3 or equivalent in Beauty Therapy
- Work experience in a 5-star spa environment as a Head Therapist, Trainer or Spa Manager
- Knowledge and genuine interest in Holistic Therapies including Hot Stones, Chakra’s and Crystals
- Confident in training and communicating to teams who are multi-lingual/cultural
- Ability to think outside the box and deal with unexpected situations
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Full, clean driving licence
- Full passport with no restrictions - this role involves extensive periods of overseas travel
- Competitive Salary
- Discretionary Bi-annual Bonus Structure (Performance Related)
- Hybrid Working: 3 days in the office, 2 days WFH
- Company Pension Scheme – Matching up to 4%
- Access to On-Site Doctor, Physio and Gym
- Commitment to Continued Learning and Development Through our Bespoke L&D Offering
- Exclusive Discounts off THG Brands
Because of the high volumes of applications our opportunities attract, it sometimes takes us time to review and consider them all. We endeavour to respond to every application we receive within 14 days. If you haven't heard from us within that time frame or should you have any specific questions about this or other applications for positions at THG please contact one of our Talent team to discuss further.
THG is committed to creating a diverse & inclusive environment and hence welcomes applications from all sections of the community.
Apply for this job