Engineering Manager - Returns
Manchester, United Kingdom (remote)
THG is a fast-moving, global technology business that specialises in taking brands direct to consumers. Our world-class proprietary tech and infrastructure powers our extensive portfolio of beauty, nutrition and lifestyle brands and is now helping drive exponential growth of our clients’ brands globally.
We’re powered by a global team of over 7,000 ambitious people around the world. Our culture is fast-paced and entrepreneurial, it’s this DNA that has supported our incredible growth.
We’re always looking for individuals that can bring fresh and innovative thinking to THG, and play a part in driving the group forward on its exciting journey. So, if you’re ready to take the next big step in your career, challenge yourself every day and evolve with the world around you, THG is ready for you.
What will I be doing?
we’re looking for a talented Engineering Manager to join us within the Customer Zen Team currently composed of 7 persons.
Our Customer Zen Team encompasses areas such as our customer returns platform and customer contact platform and as such has a broad range of internal and external stakeholders.
You will be instrumental in leading a team of highly talented software engineers while overseeing the architectural and solution design, development, testing, deploying and monitoring high-quality, robust and scalable technical solutions.
- You will be responsible for team’s daily stand-ups, estimation and retrospectives sessions, backlog prioritization meetings and end of sprint showcase. You will be responsible for career growth of the team, provide mentorship and manage regular one-to-one with your direct reports.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including product managers, BA’s, UI/UX, backend and frontend developers, to define project requirements, timelines, and deliverables.
- Build out the Store Fulfilment roadmap to ensure timely delivery of engineering commitment to the business and technical teams. Work collaboratively with stakeholders to deliver a roadmap that adds business value and contributes to revenue uplift.
- collaborate with the Quality Assurance team to establish and enforce quality standards and best practice, including code reviews, unit testing, application security review and continuous integration.
- Experience in Enterprise Java, React and Microservices
- Know how on best practices for building highly available and scalable backend and frontend services.
- Good understanding of software development methodologies, agile practices (Scrum and Kanban).
- Strong understanding of software development cycle.
- Familiar with current devops trends. (K8, Docker, Pipelines)
- Strongly experience on implementing engineering best practices.
- Pension scheme
- Enhanced maternity and paternity pay
- Continuous development through our in-house L&D team
- Work with cutting edge technology
- Staff discounts on THG brands and Hale Country Club
- On-site or virtual doctor
Because of the high volumes of applications our opportunities attract, it sometimes takes us time to review and consider them all. We endeavour to respond to every application we receive within 14 days. If you haven't heard from us within that time frame or should you have any specific questions about this or other applications for positions at THG please contact one of our Talent team to discuss further.
THG is committed to creating a diverse & inclusive environment and hence welcomes applications from all sections of the community.
Apply for this job