Engineering Manager - Mobile
Manchester, United Kingdom
THG is a fast-moving, global technology business that specialises in taking brands direct to consumers. Our world-class proprietary tech and infrastructure powers our extensive portfolio of beauty, nutrition and lifestyle brands and is now helping drive exponential growth of our clients’ brands globally.
We’re powered by a global team of over 7,000 ambitious people around the world. Our culture is fast-paced and entrepreneurial, it’s this DNA that has supported our incredible growth.
We’re always looking for individuals that can bring fresh and innovative thinking to THG, and play a part in driving the group forward on its exciting journey. So, if you’re ready to take the next big step in your career, challenge yourself every day and evolve with the world around you, THG is ready for you.
What will I be doing?
In a landscape where user experience is paramount, the Mobile Engineering Manager plays a strategic role in optimizing mobile applications for speed, security, and responsiveness. By fostering a culture of continuous improvement, they empower their team to adapt to evolving industry standards and deliver cutting-edge solutions that elevate the mobile shopping experience for both internal and external brand partners.
- Collaborate with product managers, designers, and other engineers to gather requirements and design innovative solutions for our mobile applications.
- Lead the development and implementation of mobile apps using React Native, adhering to industry best practices and coding standards.
- Take ownership of the entire mobile app development lifecycle, from concept to deployment, ensuring performance, scalability, and maintainability of the codebase.
- Conduct code reviews, provide constructive feedback, and mentor junior team members to enhance overall development capabilities.
- Stay up-to-date with the latest mobile app development trends, frameworks, and technologies, and share your knowledge with the team.
- Optimize application performance and maintain a strong focus on app responsiveness, ensuring a smooth user experience across different devices and operating systems.
- experience in mobile app development, with a strong emphasis on React Native.
- Proven track record of delivering successful mobile apps on both iOS and Android platforms.
- People management experience.
- Extensive knowledge of React Native and its ecosystem, including Redux, React Navigation, and third-party libraries.
- Experience and knowledge with native module development and integrating native code into React Native applications.
- Strong communication skills and the ability to work effectively in a collaborative team environment.
- Cycle to work scheme
- Tech Scheme
- Staff discount to online shops and on-site staff shop
- Private on-site gym (Manchester)
- Season ticket loan
- Enhanced parenthood pay
- Pension scheme contributions
- Birthday off
- 25 days annual leave + bank holidays (from Jan 2024)
- Up to 2 weeks compassionate leave
- Employee Assistance programme
- On-site doctor
- In House L&D Team for personal development / upskill
Because of the high volumes of applications our opportunities attract, it sometimes takes us time to review and consider them all. We endeavour to respond to every application we receive within 14 days. If you haven't heard from us within that time frame or should you have any specific questions about this or other applications for positions at THG please contact one of our Talent team to discuss further.
THG is committed to creating a diverse & inclusive environment and hence welcomes applications from all sections of the community.
Apply for this job