Engineering Manager - MMS
Manchester, United Kingdom
THG is a fast-moving, global technology business that specialises in taking brands direct to consumers. Our world-class proprietary tech and infrastructure powers our extensive portfolio of beauty, nutrition and lifestyle brands and is now helping drive exponential growth of our clients’ brands globally.
We’re powered by a global team of over 7,000 ambitious people around the world. Our culture is fast-paced and entrepreneurial, it’s this DNA that has supported our incredible growth.
We’re always looking for individuals that can bring fresh and innovative thinking to THG, and play a part in driving the group forward on its exciting journey. So, if you’re ready to take the next big step in your career, challenge yourself every day and evolve with the world around you, THG is ready for you.
What will I be doing?
To help scale our ambition we’re looking for an Engineering Manager to join us within the Marketplace Management Service (MMS) Team. You will be responsible for leading and managing the team on a daily basis, engaging with other teams to work as part of cross vertical initiatives, driving & owning the product roadmap working with the respective stakeholders to do so.
Our Marketplace Management Service (MMS) Team is a key growth area within the business as we see a rise in consumer transactions taking place on Marketplaces and Social Channels such as TikTok etc. As the engineering Manager for this team, you’ll be responsible for building future marketplace adapters, scaling and on-boarding clients to our existing adapters and services and contributing towards our strategy to capitalise on customer trends relating to social commerce.
- You will be responsible for team’s daily stand-ups, estimation and retrospectives sessions, backlog prioritization meetings and end of sprint showcase. You will be responsible for career growth of the team, provide mentorship and manage regular one-to-one with your direct reports.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including product managers, BA’s, UI/UX, backend and frontend developers, to define project requirements, timelines, and deliverables.
- Build out the MMS roadmap to ensure timely delivery of engineering commitment to the business and technical teams. Work collaboratively with stakeholders to deliver a roadmap that adds business value and contributes to revenue uplift. Ensure accurate engineering resource planning to avoid overworking the engineering team.
- Establish and enforce quality standards and best practice, including code reviews, unit testing, application security review and continuous integration. Take a leading role in delivering of robust, scalable, and maintainable technical solutions.
- Previous experience in Enterprise Java and Microservices.
- Proven experience in leading teams, driving growth and managing remote teams.
- Solid understanding of software development methodologies (e.g., Agile, Scrum) and tools (e.g., Git, JIRA).
- Know how on best practices for building highly available and scalable backend services.
- Extensive knowledge of backend development frameworks, APIs, backend development principles, architecture, and design patterns.
- Familiarity with DevOps trends such as Kubernetes, Docker, Pipelines.
- Cycle to work scheme
- Tech Scheme
- Staff discount to online shops and on-site staff shop
- Private on-site gym (Manchester)
- Season ticket loan
- Enhanced parenthood pay
- Pension scheme contributions
- Birthday off
- 25 days annual leave + bank holidays
- Up to 2 weeks compassionate leave
- Employee Assistance programme
- On-site doctor
- In House L&D Team for personal development / upskill
Because of the high volumes of applications our opportunities attract, it sometimes takes us time to review and consider them all. We endeavour to respond to every application we receive within 14 days. If you haven't heard from us within that time frame or should you have any specific questions about this or other applications for positions at THG please contact one of our Talent team to discuss further.
THG is committed to creating a diverse & inclusive environment and hence welcomes applications from all sections of the community.
Apply for this job