Engineering Manager - Fraud
Manchester, United Kingdom
THG is a fast-moving, global technology business that specialises in taking brands direct to consumers. Our world-class proprietary tech and infrastructure powers our extensive portfolio of beauty, nutrition and lifestyle brands and is now helping drive exponential growth of our clients’ brands globally.
We’re powered by a global team of over 7,000 ambitious people around the world. Our culture is fast-paced and entrepreneurial, it’s this DNA that has supported our incredible growth.
We’re always looking for individuals that can bring fresh and innovative thinking to THG, and play a part in driving the group forward on its exciting journey. So, if you’re ready to take the next big step in your career, challenge yourself every day and evolve with the world around you, THG is ready for you.
Tech at THG
Technology is the driving force behind THG, and it starts with our people. We are ambitious with our goals and challenge conventional thinking. THG Technology is different because we support every single person, to make an impact and drive their own work. Our people are always learning, and we work every day to ensure our technology is world class. This enables us to keep powering THG and our partners on a global scale.
As part of our business’ growth strategy for THG best-in-class Fraud Detect and Prevention platform; We are seeking a skilled, motivated and passionate Engineering Manager who is looking for their next career challenge with key interest in leading a team of self-driven, ambitious and talented software engineers. You will be responsible in leading and managing a team of 6 to 8 software engineers. You will work with cross functioning teams, including backend and frontend software engineers, machine learning, data scientists, and business stake holders to deliver, robust, scalable and best-in-class fraud detect solutions.
- Oversee the day-to-day team activities including managing Agile ceremonies including team’s daily stand-ups, estimation and retrospectives sessions, backlog prioritization meetings and end of sprint showcase.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including product managers, designers, data scientists, machine learning team and engineers to define project requirements, timelines, and deliverables. Allocate resources effectively, set clear goals, and track progress to ensure timely project completion.
- Tailor Fraud Detect roadmap to ensure timely delivery of engineering commitment to the business and technical teams. Work collaboratively with stakeholders to deliver a roadmap that adds business value and contributes to revenue uplift.
- Collaborate with the Quality Assurance team to establish and enforce quality standards and best practice, including code reviews, unit testing, application security review and continuous integration.
- Identify and mitigate resource and technical risks and challenges in Fraud Detect platform. Proactively addressing resource issues by engaging with senior managers.
- Experience in Enterprise Java (ideally Java15 and above)
- Strong in backend experience in designing and building scalable, high throughput, low latency, high fault tolerance APIs and a solid understanding of microservice architecture.
- Strong understanding of the Software Development Life Cycle.
- Must have good understanding of basic DevOps including CI/CD, application containerization using docker, Kubernetes deployment on cloud and colocation for large scale applications.
- Passionate in building best-in-class products, while having focus on engineering spend vs return investment.
- Strong leadership and team management skills, with experience leading and mentoring a team of developers.
- Excellent problem-solving abilities, with a focus on finding innovative solutions and delivering high-quality software while helping team members to improve in their problems solving skills.
- Strong communication skill with all levels including tech team and non tech stakeholders. Effective communication, team building, conflict resolution, and leadership skills are essential.
What’s in it for me?
- Competitive salary
- Enhanced maternity and paternity pay
- Pension scheme
- Diversity of sector, types of work and stakeholders
- Opportunities to grow your role and responsibilities.
- Work alongside industry experts.
- Continuous development through THG Academy, our in-house L&D team.
- Staff discounts on THG brands and Hale Country Club .
Because of the high volumes of applications our opportunities attract, it sometimes takes us time to review and consider them all. We endeavour to respond to every application we receive within 14 days. If you haven't heard from us within that time frame or should you have any specific questions about this or other applications for positions at THG please contact one of our Talent team to discuss further.
THG is committed to creating a diverse & inclusive environment and hence welcomes applications from all sections of the community.
Apply for this job