Engineering Lead - Procure
Manchester, United Kingdom
THG is a fast-moving, global technology business that specialises in taking brands direct to consumers. Our world-class proprietary tech and infrastructure powers our extensive portfolio of beauty, nutrition and lifestyle brands and is now helping drive exponential growth of our clients’ brands globally.
We’re powered by a global team of over 7,000 ambitious people around the world. Our culture is fast-paced and entrepreneurial, it’s this DNA that has supported our incredible growth.
We’re always looking for individuals that can bring fresh and innovative thinking to THG, and play a part in driving the group forward on its exciting journey. So, if you’re ready to take the next big step in your career, challenge yourself every day and evolve with the world around you, THG is ready for you.
What will I be doing?
We are looking for a Lead Engineer or a Senior looking to step into a lead role for our THG Procure Tech team which looks after the Procurement platform. This platform enables the THG to buy products for its e-commerce businesses, and the goods and services it needs for its smooth running. It is an exciting time to join the team, as we are migrating the platform onto Kubernetes and a new micro-service architecture. We are also implementing a roadmap of new features for the business teams across THG. This a fully Agile team where they are always looking for ways to improve how they work and their technology choices.
- You will be Responsible for the technical and operational excellence of the team and the applications for which it owns.
- You will be responsible for the technical delivery of projects, ensuring that they are delivered on scope and time.
- You will Provide solution designs for new features for the THG Procure Platform, and leading the team to develop those features to the highest quality standards.
- You will manage the technical infrastructure of the team, ensuring that there is sufficient pro-active monitoring and that it is optimal.
- Providing technical mentoring to other members of the team and managing their professional development.
- Actively participating and leading in all Agile ceremonies (stand-ups, demos, sprint planning, retrospectives, and backlog refinement)
- Experience with Java and micro-service frameworks, such as Spring Boot.
- Solid understanding of software development methodologies (e.g., Agile, Scrum) and tools (e.g., Git, JIRA).
- Knowledge of software development methodologies, agile practices, and continuous integration/continuous deployment (CI/CD) processes.
- Strong experience in Docker/Kubernetes.
- Extensive knowledge of backend development frameworks, APIs, backend development principles, architecture, and design patterns.
- Working knowledge of DevOps pipelines. (build, test, release, support)
- Cycle to work scheme
- Tech Scheme
- Staff discount to online shops and on-site staff shop
- Private on-site gym (Manchester)
- Season ticket loan
- Enhanced parenthood pay
- Pension scheme contributions
- Birthday off
- 25 days annual leave + bank holidays (from Jan 2024)
- Up to 2 weeks compassionate leave
- Employee Assistance programme
- On-site doctor
- In House L&D Team for personal development / upskill
Because of the high volumes of applications our opportunities attract, it sometimes takes us time to review and consider them all. We endeavour to respond to every application we receive within 14 days. If you haven't heard from us within that time frame or should you have any specific questions about this or other applications for positions at THG please contact one of our Talent team to discuss further.
THG is committed to creating a diverse & inclusive environment and hence welcomes applications from all sections of the community.
Apply for this job