Engineering and Facilities Manager - New Jersey
THG is a fast-moving, global technology business that specialises in taking brands direct to consumers. Our world-class proprietary tech and infrastructure powers our extensive portfolio of beauty, nutrition and lifestyle brands and is now helping drive exponential growth of our clients’ brands globally.
We’re powered by a global team of over 10,000 ambitious people around the world. Our culture is fast-paced and entrepreneurial, it’s this DNA that has supported our incredible growth.
We’re always looking for individuals that can bring fresh and innovative thinking to THG, and play a part in driving the group forward on its exciting journey. So, if you’re ready to take the next big step in your career, challenge yourself every day and evolve with the world around you, THG is ready for you.
Location: 300 Cedar Lane, Edison, NJ, 08817
About Central Functions
Central Functions is formed of the teams and people that serve the entire business. These people are integral to the smooth running of the business; ensuring everyone is paid on time, that materials are sourced and arrive promptly, that we meet our legal obligations and that our health, safety, and security is safeguarded.
About the Engineering & Facilities Team and the Role
The Facilities team is responsible for maintaining all THG sites, ensuring that all colleagues and visitors are in a clean, safe environment while on site.
Reporting to the Site Manager, the Engineering and Facilities Manager will be a key member of the Group Engineering and Facilities Team. As an experienced Engineering and Facilities professional and influential people manager, the postholder will be responsible for the management of fixed assets across the NJ Operation. Driving a consistent culture of safety and quality, you will deliver the site engineering strategy by developing competence within the team while also introducing the latest technologies to promote best practise. You will work collaboratively with other sites, sharing ideas and experiences to ensure that we continue to grow and develop the THG network globally.
- To promote health and safety awareness for all personnel inclusive of contractors, compliance with all THG polices and guidelines and ensure appropriate risk assessments and working systems are in place
- To ensure all Planned Preventative Maintenance (PPM) is completed safely, cost effectively, on time and to a satisfactory standard
- Create and manage Engineering and Facilities budgets for the site, both capital and operational
- To lead and manage capital investment projects in conjunction with the group technical engineering team and project management; ensuring projects are delivered safely, to the correct quality, on-time and to budget
- To provide a service that ensures all mechanical and electrical equipment is running to its optimum performance and that all departmental SLA’s and KPI’s are met; manage and react in a timely manner to equipment outage
- To maximize availability of all mechanical and electrical equipment through continuous improvement and improve equipment efficiencies and reduce costs through initiatives such as RCM, CBM, life cycle analysis, FMEA etc.
- To ensure adequate resources, equipment, and people, are in place to meet operational needs; including scheduling of shift patterns for the team and purchasing equipment so that spare levels are met and maintained
- Represent the Engineering & Facilities department in all site and Group meetings
- Produce weekly reports, metrics and performance of the site and team
- Performance management of all Engineering & Facilities team members for the site.
- Recruit personnel; create training and development plans for team, including Apprentices and Graduates
- To ensure waste management and environmental policies are applied to ensure minimal impact on local environment and compliance with environmental legislation
- Ensure all relevant Statutory Compliance is current, recorded, updated, and maintained for the site Plus, other duties as assigned by your supervisor as required for business needs.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering preferred
- Minimum 5 years site Engineering, Facilities Management and leadership experience
- Excellent communication skills, will challenge in positive manner and promote collaboration
- Strong analytical skills and problem-solving techniques
- Autonomy and self-drive to deliver and succeed
- Continuous Improvement and Innovation, prioritise in fast a paced environment
- Knowledge and experience of PPM strategy, improvement techniques and tools
- Lean and TPM awareness
- Competitive salary
- Onsite Doctor
- Employee discounts
- Gym Discounts
- Company bonus scheme
- Company pension scheme
THG is proud to be a Disability Confident Committed employer. If you are invited to interview, please let us know if there are any reasonable adjustments we can make to the recruitment process that will enable you to perform to the best of your ability.
Because of the high volumes of applications our opportunities attract, it sometimes takes us time to review and consider them all. We endeavour to respond to every application we receive within 14 days. If you haven't heard from us within that time frame or should you have any specific questions about this or other applications for positions at THG please contact one of our Talent team to discuss further.
THG is committed to creating a diverse & inclusive environment and hence welcomes applications from all sections of the community.
Apply for this job