Engineer - Nutrition & Wellness
Pendre Industrial Estate, Tywyn LL36 9LW
THG is a fast-moving, global technology business that specialises in taking brands direct to consumers. Our world-class proprietary tech and infrastructure powers our extensive portfolio of beauty, nutrition and lifestyle brands and is now helping drive exponential growth of our clients’ brands globally.
We’re powered by a global team of over 10,000 ambitious people around the world. Our culture is fast-paced and entrepreneurial, it’s this DNA that has supported our incredible growth.
We’re always looking for individuals that can bring fresh and innovative thinking to THG, and play a part in driving the group forward on its exciting journey. So, if you’re ready to take the next big step in your career, challenge yourself every day and evolve with the world around you, THG is ready for you.
REPORTING TO: Engineering Manager
Description of role
Reporting to the Engineering Manager this role will encompass electrical and mechanical maintenance of FMCG (Fast moving consumer goods) production equipment alongside a vision for future innovation. The successful candidate will be required to follow a preventative maintenance schedule in line with industry standards as well as immediately responding to any production breakdowns. The multi skilled Engineer will be expected to work closely with the Production team in identifying efficiency & waste improvements.
- Preventative and reactive maintenance of company equipment
- Provide breakdown support and PPM within a high volume, fast paced manufacturing environment
- Carry out both electrical and mechanical maintenance on automated machinery
- Work on a variety of equipment including, packaging machines, heat/temperature controlled equipment, conveyors, hydraulics, pneumatics and PLC controlled equipment
- Assist with the ongoing development to machinery and continual process improvements
- Maintain a full and comprehensive list of business-critical spares
- Maintain accurate stock records of Engineering supplies
- Source & order inventory required, adhering to company purchase order approval policy
- Continually strive efficiency, waste and energy usage improvements alongside developing ideas for new innovation.
- Work effectively as part of a team whilst maintaining the capability to function individually
- Carry out any reasonable request within the business
- Comply with all food safety requirements and company food safety policies and practices
- BTEC Certificate/ diploma in engineering or equivalent in an electrical or mechanical discipline.
- City & Guilds certificate in engineering
- Previous experience in a FMCG (Fast moving consumer goods) environment would be beneficial but not essential
- Excellent fault finding and problem solving ability both electrical and mechanical
- Good level of computer skills to include excel spreadsheets.
- A full UK driving license
A Fork Lift Truck license would be beneficial but training would be offered to the right candidate
Because of the high volumes of applications our opportunities attract, it sometimes takes us time to review and consider them all. We endeavour to respond to every application we receive within 14 days. If you haven't heard from us within that time frame or should you have any specific questions about this or other applications for positions at THG please contact one of our Talent team to discuss further.
THG is committed to creating a diverse & inclusive environment and hence welcomes applications from all sections of the community.
Apply for this job