Credit Control Team Leader - Ingenuity
Finance & Fraud
Icon 1, M90 5AA
THG is a fast-moving, global technology business that specialises in taking brands direct to consumers. Our world-class proprietary tech and infrastructure powers our extensive portfolio of beauty, nutrition and lifestyle brands and is now helping drive exponential growth of our clients’ brands globally.
We’re powered by a global team of over 7,000 ambitious people around the world. Our culture is fast-paced and entrepreneurial, it’s this DNA that has supported our incredible growth.
We’re always looking for individuals that can bring fresh and innovative thinking to THG, and play a part in driving the group forward on its exciting journey. So, if you’re ready to take the next big step in your career, challenge yourself every day and evolve with the world around you, THG is ready for you.
Location: Icon 1, M90 5AA
About Finance at THG
THG Finance is a dynamic and evolving team that covers all areas of finance, including central functions such as accounts receivable and payable, treasury, tax, and internal audit, as well as specific commercial teams for each of our divisions; Beauty, Tech, Consumer, Health, and Brands. As we expand our business and take on new challenges in the form of acquired businesses or new ventures, finance is there to support every step of the way, leading to dynamic and challenging roles. Common characteristics among our team members are the ability to drive change, adaptability, and resourcefulness to ensure we can keep pace with the business, without compromising on financial control or sales performance.
About the Role
Reporting into the SSC Manager the primary responsibility of the Credit Control Team Leader is to lead a team of PTP & OTC Associates and organise day to day activities monitoring individual performances and adjusting priorities as per business requirements.
The Credit Control Team Leader identifies inefficiencies in processes suggesting workable solutions and escalates any business-critical issues as appropriate. The Credit Control Team Leader is a key part of the support network within the leadership team of the PTP department, taking on escalated queries, training of staff and managing team deadlines and any adhoc projects. Their responsibility is to manage the flow of work through effective LEAN techniques, observing all key business controls to ensure all work completed under their remit is ‘right first time’.
- Responsible to oversee management of teams portfolio of supplier/customer accounts
- Review, understand and prioritise teams work based on PTP/OTC reports distributed within the team (unposted invoices, debit balances, Unmatched GRNI, Provisions for debtors etc)
- Supervise and measure the team activities against agreed set of individual and overall team KPI’s
- Provide expertise and act as point of escalation for PTP/OTC queries
- Ensure root cause analysis is performed on supplier accounts to ensure the same issues don’t repeat
- Regularly review Clear Data validations and exceptions and take part in calls with the relevant external stakeholders to review and improve processes
- Monitor the delete log to ensure any items captured from NXG, or any other source are deleted within SLA and any relevant remediation actions are taken
- Carry out regular reviews of completed statement reconciliations
- Carry out regular reviews of supplier information and work closely with the Master Data team to ensure any corrections are actioned
- Alignment to POT tactical actions
- Complete regular skills gap analysis for each member of the team
- Provide continual on the job training to each member of the team as and where the need is identified
- Act as first point of escalation for resolving processing queries/ invoice discrepancies
- Take part in divisional finance and internal stakeholder weekly meetings
- Develop and maintain excellent working relationships with all relevant internal and external stakeholders
- In liaison with the SSC Manager and the Continuous Improvement Team support continuous improvement initiatives
- Organise monthly feedback sessions for the team, creating and maintaining individual PDRs
- Assist the SSC Manager with recruitment needs for the team
- Manage team specific month-end activities taking part in month end meetings
- Providing support with audit
- Holiday and sickness management
- Experience of working in a Finance Shared Service centre or large PTP environment with an international focus
- Ability to work within a high volume, fast paced environment
- Experience working with multi-currency and multi entity transactions
- Previous people management experience (ideally 1 year minimum)
- Fluent in English both verbal and written. Another European Language (French, Polish, Swedish, German) an advantage but not essential
- Office IT literate, preferably with intermediate MS Excel skills
- Sage or any other ERP systems knowledge
- Ability to act as SME for the accounts payable team
- Maintaining a can do, positive attitude to motivate the team with a focus on high level internal and external customer service
- Competitive salary
- Onsite doctor
- Employee discounts
- Gym discounts
- Company bonus scheme
- Company pension scheme
THG is proud to be a Disability Confident Committed employer. If you are invited to interview, please let us know if there are any reasonable adjustments we can make to the recruitment process that will enable you to perform to the best of your ability.
Because of the high volumes of applications our opportunities attract, it sometimes takes us time to review and consider them all. We endeavour to respond to every application we receive within 14 days. If you haven't heard from us within that time frame or should you have any specific questions about this or other applications for positions at THG please contact one of our Talent team to discuss further.
THG is committed to creating a diverse & inclusive environment and hence welcomes applications from all sections of the community.
Apply for this job