Creative Director | LOOKFANTASTIC
Creative / Studios
Manchester, England, United Kingdom
THG is a fast-moving, global technology business that specialises in taking brands direct to consumers. Our world-class proprietary tech and infrastructure powers our extensive portfolio of beauty, nutrition and lifestyle brands and is now helping drive exponential growth of our clients’ brands globally.
We’re powered by a global team of over 7,000 ambitious people around the world. Our culture is fast-paced and entrepreneurial, it’s this DNA that has supported our incredible growth.
We’re always looking for individuals that can bring fresh and innovative thinking to THG, and play a part in driving the group forward on its exciting journey. So, if you’re ready to take the next big step in your career, challenge yourself every day and evolve with the world around you, THG is ready for you.
Lookfantastic is Europe’s No1 Online Destination for Premium Beauty. Our mission is to empower people globally to look and feel fantastic every day. To enable us to do this we have offices across the UK, Europe, America and Australia filled with passionate beauty fanatics who are committed to delivering rapid growth in this exciting industry.
We work with over 800 of the world’s greatest beauty brands such as MAC, Kerastase, GHD, Tom Ford and YSL to bring our customers the widest offering of beauty products from around the globe. Passion, innovation and commitment are key characteristics in this ever expanding team as we strive to become the Worlds No1 Online.
About the role
As Creative Director, you will be part of the senior team building the LOOKFANTASTIC brand, responsible for defining and delivering the visual language for LOOKFANTASTIC across all touchpoints.
In this newly created role, the Creative Director will act as brand guardian, building a world-class creative department and striving for excellence in everything we do. We are looking for an inspirational leader who is able to motivate a team, provide constructive feedback and work collaboratively with THG Studios and our internal departments.
Ideally, we are looking for a multi-disciplinary creative with exceptional design skills and an eye for the smallest detail, leaving no type out of place. You will be excited about creativity and the power of ideas, and able to unlock this in others.
You’ll be joining a fast-paced and dynamic Company, working across a variety of projects that help to both strategically position the brand, and drive our commercial ambitions. You’ll be just as excited about reviewing the design of our email sequences as you are creating a billboard.
What you’ll be doing
- Define and deliver a standout creative direction for LOOKFANTASTIC that brings our purpose and vision to life
- Create visual concepts and narratives for campaigns, working with the Head of Brand to dissect the creative brief and understand objectives
- Oversee the workflow of the Creative team and agency, balancing BAU work with the focus needed to drive key strategic projects
- Responsibility for all creative output, ensuring consistency across everything we do
- Implement style guidelines across all creative practices including from design, artwork and packaging, to photography and video, and real life events
- Take the creative lead on projects such as new packaging, web redesign, pop-up store design – working with key internal stakeholders and bringing on the right resource to execute
- Responsibility for the Creative budget; deciding when to invest in high production value and knowing how to make efficiencies across creative spend
- Art direction for photoshoots and campaigns, across stills and video; you’ll be comfortable giving on-set direction to models
- Work with the Brand and Performance teams to foster a culture of creative testing, using customer insight and data to help inform decisions
- Ensure that we live our value of Innovation by looking out for new ways of doing things and ways to improve our working practices
- Expert across Adobe Creative Suite including InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator etc
- Confident communicator across all levels
- Natural relationship builder, fostering collaboration internally and externally
- Able to work at pace and manage multiple deadlines
- Project and budget management
- At least 8 years’ experience as a multi-disciplinary creative, including graphic design
- A passion for the beauty industry (previous experience in this is desirable)
- Experience managing a team and agencies
- Working knowledge of the end-to-end production process
- Expertise in web design and UX is advantageous
- Familiarity with brand architecture and working across a branded house model a plus
- Up-to-date with the latest innovations – such as automation, AI, web3 – and desire to learn how these can benefit the business
- Competitive Salary
- Company Pension Scheme – Matching up to 4%
- 25 Days Annual Leave plus Bank Holidays plus Birthday Leave
- Enhanced Maternity and Paternity Policy
- Enhanced Compassionate Leave
- Cycle to Work Scheme, Tech Scheme & More…
- Access to On-Site Doctor, Physio, Gym and Shop
- Commitment to Continued Learning and Development Through our Bespoke L&D Offering
- Exclusive Discounts off THG Brands
- Many More...
Because of the high volumes of applications our opportunities attract, it sometimes takes us time to review and consider them all. We endeavour to respond to every application we receive within 14 days. If you haven't heard from us within that time frame or should you have any specific questions about this or other applications for positions at THG please contact one of our Talent team to discuss further.
THG is committed to creating a diverse & inclusive environment and hence welcomes applications from all sections of the community.
Apply for this job