Creative Design Manager | Cult Beauty
Creative / Studios
London, United Kingdom
THG is a fast-moving, global technology business that specialises in taking brands direct to consumers. Our world-class proprietary tech and infrastructure powers our extensive portfolio of beauty, nutrition and lifestyle brands and is now helping drive exponential growth of our clients’ brands globally.
We’re powered by a global team of over 7,000 ambitious people around the world. Our culture is fast-paced and entrepreneurial, it’s this DNA that has supported our incredible growth.
We’re always looking for individuals that can bring fresh and innovative thinking to THG, and play a part in driving the group forward on its exciting journey. So, if you’re ready to take the next big step in your career, challenge yourself every day and evolve with the world around you, THG is ready for you.
Who is Cult Beauty? Well, we’re a beauty-obsessed team who share a common goal — to become the most trusted beauty retailer in the world! We’re all about intelligent beauty, from the way we pick our ever-lusted-after brands to how we talk to our exceptionally savvy customers. Our Cult Community values transparency and so do we. That’s why we only sell the products that truly blow us away and publish every review on our site.
To achieve this goal, we want to collaborate with individuals who have the same vision. As part of the Cult Beauty team, you’ll be encouraged to share ideas and empowered to aim for the skies. We’re a team so if we fail, we fail together and try again. Cult Beauty has become the successful world leader it is because of our people. We’re a close-knit family that recognises that our collective and community are much more valuable than the sum of their parts. We’re not just here to sell the most unbelievably amazing beauty products in the world, we also want to challenge the definition of what ‘beauty’ is and use our platform to challenge the status quo — both in our industry and society.
Job Title: Creative Design Manager
Reporting to: Creative Lead
Location: London, Waterloo
We have an exciting opportunity for a talented Creative Design Manager with a strong Digital Design background to join us at Cult Beauty. This is a key role within the Creative and wider Content Marketing team.
Reporting to the Creative Lead, you will work together to ensure all Design work conveys the Cult Beauty brand, adheres to our guidelines, and engages and inspires our customer.
You will line manage and mentor a team of designers, inspiring and supporting them to deliver consistent, industry-leading creative across our channels, such as the website, emails, printed collateral, events, and social content.
You’ll be responsible for setting up all the necessary creative reviews, workshops and design guidelines, and you’ll work closely with our Production manager to help facilitate a streamlined workflow.
You’ll work on exciting brand moments such as Brand of the month, Cult Beauty Edits, Goody bags and Brand Campaigns. You’ll also partner closely with our Photographers to ideate and execute still life photography briefs, providing on set art direction and post-production oversight.
You will collaborate closely with the wider Brand Marketing team, CRM and Ecommerce teams to execute weekly and seasonal projects.
Who you are:
· A passionate, experienced designer with a meticulous eye for detail. You are well-versed at digital design, with strong typography and branding skills. You can execute at a high level, and you pride yourself in creating an elevated customer experience.
· You will have a strong commercial awareness, and you can balance high creative standards with the pace of an agile beauty business.
· You’ll have the confidence to lead a small team of designers and will have lots of ideas to evolve the day-to-day ways of working.
· A self-starter, you work well independently, and bring enthusiasm to every brief.
· You will be a natural problem-solver, always looking for solutions.
· You take pride and in presenting concepts to peers and senior stakeholders – ensuring everything you do aligns with our brand vision.
· An experienced people manager, you will coach and inspire your team to create their best work - providing constructive design feedback and guidance, ensuring consistency in the design output and that standards are upheld.
· When needed, you can confidently art direct and guide still life photo shoots, and you enjoy getting hands-on and seeing the work through from concept to post-production.
· You’re passionate about creating innovative designs ahead of our competitors. You’ll have strong awareness of the Beauty landscape and will work with the Creative Lead to help position Cult Beauty at the forefront of our industry.
Summary of tasks:
· A champion and guardian of our visual brand identity, you will ensure the delivery of consistent and high-quality BAU creative, across all channels and touchpoints.
· Provide daily feedback and manage the design approval process for your team, ensuring deadlines are met.
· People management and support – you’ll set goals for your direct reports to enable development in their careers.
· Hands on Design. You will be the visual design lead on high profile seasonal campaigns, and you’ll also get involved in the BAU to support your team as necessary.
· You will collaborate closely with our Production/ Traffic Manager to plan and delegate BAU tasks across the team, ensuring workload is achievable and gives the team opportunities to develop.
· Assist the Creative Lead to develop new season creative identity and projects. You’ll be leading on crafting the visual design elements across brand campaigns and seasonal moments.
· Mood board and concept photographic still life briefs, working with our photographers to build briefs and art direct the shoots, through to managing the post-production.
· Responsible for creating and developing necessary design guidelines and helpful tools to support the Design team.
· Collaborate closely with stakeholders across the business, including the wider Content Marketing team, CRM, and Ecommerce teams.
· Ensure the best results working within the limitations of a digital CMS system and email templates.
· Review any content statistics to continuously improve the marketing experience and customer engagement.
Must have skills:
· Proficient in Adobe CC: Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign.
· Strong knowledge Digital design, including an awareness of UI and UX principles.
· Detail-oriented with a strong understanding of typography, layout principles and the value of brand storytelling.
· At least 7 years’ experience in a Digital Design role. Ready to hit the ground running in a Senior role within the team.
· People management experience.
· An excellent communicator. You have the confidence to present concepts and designs to your manager, wider teams and senior stakeholders.
· Collaborative working style. You are open to feedback, and can also rationalise your design decisions.
· Able to work independently and interpret briefs – providing solutions that are on brand and with creative flair.
· A creative thinker, with bags of initiative – you pride yourself in producing fresh ideas that communicate our brand vision.
· You’ll have an exceptional taste level, and your research and references are well considered and aligned with our brand.
· Great time management skills, and ability to juggle multiple briefs in a fast-paced retail environment.
· A natural problem solver who is eager for a new challenge.
· A great team player, and collaborator.
Nice to have Skills:
· Knowledge of Adobe XD and After Effects is a bonus.
Because of the high volumes of applications our opportunities attract, it sometimes takes us time to review and consider them all. We endeavour to respond to every application we receive within 14 days. If you haven't heard from us within that time frame or should you have any specific questions about this or other applications for positions at THG please contact one of our Talent team to discuss further.
THG is committed to creating a diverse & inclusive environment and hence welcomes applications from all sections of the community.
Apply for this job