Cost Accountant - Nutrition
Finance & Fraud
4M, Manchester Airport
THG is a fast-moving, global technology business that specialises in taking brands direct to consumers. Our world-class proprietary tech and infrastructure powers our extensive portfolio of beauty, nutrition and lifestyle brands and is now helping drive exponential growth of our clients’ brands globally.
We’re powered by a global team of over 10,000 ambitious people around the world. Our culture is fast-paced and entrepreneurial, it’s this DNA that has supported our incredible growth.
We’re always looking for individuals that can bring fresh and innovative thinking to THG, and play a part in driving the group forward on its exciting journey. So, if you’re ready to take the next big step in your career, challenge yourself every day and evolve with the world around you, THG is ready for you.
Location: 4M, Manchester Airport
THG Nutrition is one of the world’s leading players in online sports and nutrition retail. Our brands are breaking boundaries and growing at a relentless pace.
We’re home to the world’s largest online sports nutrition brand Myprotein operating across 70 countries, including its family of brands Myvegan, Myvitamins, Command, MP Clothing and Myprotein Pro. All are loved and trusted by millions of fans worldwide with Myprotein reaching its 10 million customer milestone last year.
With everything from manufacturing and new product development to content creation, marketing and logistics delivered in-house, four acquisitions over the past two years, THG Nutrition is perfectly positioned to consistently deliver rapid growth in a fast-moving, global industry.
About Finance at THG
Finance at THG is a rapidly growing and evolving team, covering all areas of finance from central functions such as accounts receivable and payable, treasury, tax and internal audit, to specific commercial teams for each of our divisions; Beauty, Tech, Consumer, Health and Brands. As the business expands and takes on new challenges in the form of acquired businesses or new ventures, finance is there to support every step of the way, leading to dynamic and challenging roles – no two days are the same! Common characteristics among our team are the ability to drive change, adaptability and resourcefulness, to ensure we can keep pace with the business, without compromising on financial control or sales performance.
About the Role
A new role within the Finance team of an expanding snacking business. The role has 3 primary focuses:
- Support the Operation team with KPI reporting, to allow them to target continuous improvement and review shift by shift performance.
- New business product costing, working with the NPD and Operations to ensure new products are costed correctly.
- Learning and developing, accounting skills to support the business with accurate financial information
Engage the Sales and Operational teams to understand and explain the costs driving Brighter Foods KPI’s, whilst embracing Brighter Foods Team Value;
- Maintain standard costing system for all Raw Materials and Finished Goods ensuring costs are accurate and up to date with latest processes and costs. These the foundation stone for KPI reporting in Brighter Foods.
Daily KPI Dashboard:
- Review Daily KPI Dashboard and support Operations team with Adhoc analysis.
- Ensure information correlates to stock system
Weekly Management Accounts:
- Sales and Margin Report.
- Material Waste Report.
- Labour Waste Report.
- Purchase Price Variance.
- Profit & Loss Statement.
- Stock and Logistic Reporting.
Monthly Management Accounts:
- Stock Valuation and Stock Journal
- Sales vs Forecast vs Budget vs Last Year
- Sales Margin Analysis explain movement from Forecast / Budget.
- Material Waste Reporting.
- Labour Waste Reporting.
- Purchase Price Variance.
- Reconcile weekly management accounts to Monthly accounts down to Gross Margin.
- Support the period end process to meet strict deadlines.
- Use historic data from KPI reporting to provide supporting evidence to justify Capital expenditure and potential return on Investment
- Monitor post completion of Capital project that the Return of Investment is being achieved
Preparation of Costings for New Products to allow business to make sales pricing decisions
- Work closely with NPD / Innovation Director to capture recipe for new products.
- Work closely with Operations to capture waste, labour and product throughput speed of new products
- Update cost cards for key customers.
- Provide all necessary financial analysis to allow Managing Director and Finance Director to set Sales Prices.
- Studying Accountancy, Finance or Business Qualification (AAT, CIMA or ACCA)
- Experience of working in Operational Accounts function, desirable.
- Experience of using Sage Accounts
- High numeracy and literacy skills
- Computer literate
- Fluent English (written and spoken)
- Self-driven, enthusiastic and motivated
- Confident and assertive with good communication skills.
- Committed to ensuring that our customers and suppliers receive excellent service standards
- A passion for Manufacturing process
- A practical thinker who can work through practical problems and interpret in numbers
- Committed, disciplined and able to work under pressure
- Committed to the continuous improvement of themselves and the business.
- Competitive salary
- Onsite Doctor
- Employee discounts
- Gym Discounts
- Company bonus scheme
- Company pension scheme
THG is proud to be a Disability Confident Committed employer. If you are invited to interview, please let us know if there are any reasonable adjustments we can make to the recruitment process that will enable you to perform to the best of your ability.
Because of the high volumes of applications our opportunities attract, it sometimes takes us time to review and consider them all. We endeavour to respond to every application we receive within 14 days. If you haven't heard from us within that time frame or should you have any specific questions about this or other applications for positions at THG please contact one of our Talent team to discuss further.
THG is committed to creating a diverse & inclusive environment and hence welcomes applications from all sections of the community.
Apply for this job