Manchester, United Kingdom
THG is a fast-moving, global technology business that specialises in taking brands direct to consumers. Our world-class proprietary tech and infrastructure powers our extensive portfolio of beauty, nutrition and lifestyle brands and is now helping drive exponential growth of our clients’ brands globally.
We’re powered by a global team of over 7,000 ambitious people around the world. Our culture is fast-paced and entrepreneurial, it’s this DNA that has supported our incredible growth.
We’re always looking for individuals that can bring fresh and innovative thinking to THG, and play a part in driving the group forward on its exciting journey. So, if you’re ready to take the next big step in your career, challenge yourself every day and evolve with the world around you, THG is ready for you.
The key responsibilities of the Content Manager role are:
Performance / Deliverables
- Develop effective client content strategies, in collaboration with content strategists and client marketing teams
- Attending client meetings where necessary
- Deliver best in class editorial content, hitting brief requirements and deadlines
- Identify opportunities to increase output efficiencies within the content department
- Monitor and report on content performance, using tools such as GA, Contentsquare and various SEO tools
- Support the Global Head of Content in continuously evolving our content product and working approach
- Management of junior team members, including:
- Overseeing workflow and reviewing their work for quality and providing constructive feedback where necessary
- Providing training – in the form of guides and training plans, and ensuring new starters have access to all required systems
- Regular 1 2 1s
- Approving annual leave & recording sickness absence
- Overseeing performance moderation – scoring, feedback, objective progress
- Strong editorial judgement
- Proactivity, reactivity, innovation, organisation and planning
- Learning and development
- Management, leadership and coaching
- Strong relevant technical skills – eg Excel, Contentsquare
- Strong collaboration with key stakeholders
- Demonstrate a strong awareness of current trends and customer shopping habits in content produced
- Write content using an appropriate voice and identity to fit the site and audience
- Continuously developing ways to innovate and optimise content
- Confidently use data to help design content strategy
- Ability to seek guidance and escalate issues where appropriate
- Ability to delegate both upwards and downwards where necessary
Because of the high volumes of applications our opportunities attract, it sometimes takes us time to review and consider them all. We endeavour to respond to every application we receive within 14 days. If you haven't heard from us within that time frame or should you have any specific questions about this or other applications for positions at THG please contact one of our Talent team to discuss further.
THG is committed to creating a diverse & inclusive environment and hence welcomes applications from all sections of the community.
Apply for this job