Content Executive | LOOKFANTASTIC
Manchester, England, United Kingdom
THG is a fast-moving, global technology business that specialises in taking brands direct to consumers. Our world-class proprietary tech and infrastructure powers our extensive portfolio of beauty, nutrition and lifestyle brands and is now helping drive exponential growth of our clients’ brands globally.
We’re powered by a global team of over 7,000 ambitious people around the world. Our culture is fast-paced and entrepreneurial, it’s this DNA that has supported our incredible growth.
We’re always looking for individuals that can bring fresh and innovative thinking to THG, and play a part in driving the group forward on its exciting journey. So, if you’re ready to take the next big step in your career, challenge yourself every day and evolve with the world around you, THG is ready for you.
About THG Beauty
THG Beauty is quickly becoming one of the world’s leading online beauty retailers. From skincare to cosmetics and hair products, our brands are breaking boundaries and growing at a relentless pace.
We’re home to market-leading websites like Lookfantastic, Skinstore, Dermstore, Mankind and the beauty subscription box brand Glossybox. And our portfolio of premium brands includes the likes of ESPA, Illamasqua, Eyeko and Grow Gorgeous – all of which are loved and trusted by millions of fans worldwide.
With everything from manufacture and new product development to content creation, marketing and logistics delivered in-house, THG Beauty is perfectly positioned to consistently deliver rapid growth in a fast-moving, global industry. We also partner with a network of more than 19,000 influencers to ensure brands can reach their audience, anywhere in the world.
It’s an incredibly exciting time to be joining the team.
About the Role
Reporting to the Junior Content Manager, the Content Executive is responsible for delivering best in class content for lookfantastic.com, Europe's number 1 online beauty retailer, to drive brand awareness, organic revenue and brand identity. This is an amazing opportunity for a self-motivated, driven and enthusiastic individual who has a passion for both beauty and creating content.
We are looking for a candidate with personality and wit, to assist with all aspects of content creation – from compiling inspiring blog features to researching new trends and supporting with copy for homepage updates and newsletters. Applicants must have an excellent grasp of written English, with the ability to modify their writing style to the LOOKFANTASTIC tone of voice.
Key responsibilities will include:
Supporting the Junior Content Manager with the LOOKFANTASTIC UK blog, Digital Magazine and App
- Collaborating with the Junior Content Manager to devise the monthly Content Calendar – planning blog activity to coincide with major launches/trends/popular search terms etc.
- Write 3-5 content pieces per week for the LOOKFANTASTIC UK blog.
- Work with the email team to create content emails in line with seasonal and campaign themes.
- Work with the social team to ensure blog posts are shared across social platforms in a timely and relevant manner.
- Pitch, brief and write features for the LOOKFANTASTIC Digital Magazine, The Highlight.
- Work with the App Content Executive to create bcontent for the Discover page
- Work closely with the technical SEO team to create onsite content to drive organic performance.
- Understand how to use various data tools to interpret data to improve organic performance, such as Google Analytics, Keyword Planner, Trends.
- Pro-active in updating onsite list page content for brands.
Supporting the trading & campaign teams with onsite messaging
- Create weekly taglines for onsite campaign themes, working with the trading team to come up with engaging content.
- Create on-site list page content to support these themes, making it SEO-relevant.
Reporting on Content Performance
- Support curating competitor, blog and app performance reports using a range of data tools.
- Reacting to sales patterns/trends within the business to capitalise on successes/boost slow-selling lines.
- Support the CRM team with copy support for weekly newsletter sends.
- Support the Events Manager in creating messaging/content ideas for off-site activity where required.
- Attend brand training sessions and feedback on key learnings and insights.
Responsible for driving increased traffic and engagement to lookfantastic.com through execution of content strategy.
- Increase frequency of published blog posts.
- Drive blog traffic and engagement.
- Organic performance of LF across all key landing pages.
- Increase visibility of Google rankings to #1.
- Increase in % of new customers shopping on LF.
- An excellent grasp of written English and an engaging ‘approachable’ writing style
- The ability to multi-task – you will be working on several projects simultaneously
- Eager to learn and an interest in identifying and reporting on emerging beauty trends
- Commercial awareness and a passion for the beauty industry
- Self-confident, conscientious attitude and the ability to show initiative
- Competitive Salary
- Discretionary Bi-annual Bonus Structure (Performance Related)
- Hybrid Working: 3 days in the office, 2 days WFH
- Company Pension Scheme – Matching up to 4%
- Enhanced Maternity and Paternity Policy
- Access to On-Site Doctor, Physio, Gym and Shop
- Commitment to Continued Learning and Development Through our Bespoke L&D Offering
- Exclusive Discounts off THG Brands
- Many More...
Because of the high volumes of applications our opportunities attract, it sometimes takes us time to review and consider them all. We endeavour to respond to every application we receive within 14 days. If you haven't heard from us within that time frame or should you have any specific questions about this or other applications for positions at THG please contact one of our Talent team to discuss further.
THG is committed to creating a diverse & inclusive environment and hence welcomes applications from all sections of the community.
Apply for this job