Conference & Events Supervisor - King Street Townhouse Hotel & Spa
THG is a fast-moving, global technology business that specialises in taking brands direct to consumers. Our world-class proprietary tech and infrastructure powers our extensive portfolio of beauty, nutrition and lifestyle brands and is now helping drive exponential growth of our clients’ brands globally.
We’re powered by a global team of over 7,000 ambitious people around the world. Our culture is fast-paced and entrepreneurial, it’s this DNA that has supported our incredible growth.
We’re always looking for individuals that can bring fresh and innovative thinking to THG, and play a part in driving the group forward on its exciting journey. So, if you’re ready to take the next big step in your career, challenge yourself every day and evolve with the world around you, THG is ready for you.
Conference & Events Supervisor
We are currently recruiting for an experienced Conference & Events Supervisor to join us at King Street Townhouse Hotel.
We are looking for a talented, passionate individual to join our team and create memorable guest experiences. You will be responsible for maintaining the highest standard of professionalism in all areas of operation and carry out all duties to our world class standards.
- Fantastic bedroom rates for yourself and F&F
- 20% off dining at the hotel
- 50% off dining at Hale Country Club & Spa, also 50% discount on monthly club membership
- Up to 50% discounts on THG brands, including Myprotein, Lookfantastic, ESPA and many more!
- Onsite GP (avoid the waits!)
- Onsite physiotherapist
- Annual leave entitlement rising every year with service plus your birthday off
- Meals provided when on duty
About THG Experience
THG Experience is home to our portfolio of prestige event locations and luxury properties - including Hale Country Club & Spa, King Street Townhouse Hotel, Great John Street Hotel and 100 King Street. Through these venues, we create exceptional experiences, services and content - all of which ensure that our portfolio of brands and partners make real-world connections with their customers that create a lasting impact.
We also collaborate closely with THG Society, our influencer marketing platform, which allows brands to access extraordinary locations, create content and host events with influencers and clients.
THG Experience is perfectly positioned to deliver rapid growth for THG’s fast-moving, global brands. It’s an incredibly exciting time to be joining the team.
Main Duties of the Role
- Previous, proven experience within conference and event operations
- Your role is to ensure a smooth running of the conference & banqueting department ensuring all guests receive the highest standard of service at all times
- To ensure conference, meeting and banqueting rooms are set in accordance with the company standard
- To coach and mentor team members
- To assist with team member training and new starter inductions
- To attend function sheet meetings
- To support the Events Manager and F&B Manager
- Knowledge of wines and cocktails
- Take ownership to ensure service standards are met and maintained where possible
- Impeccable attention to detail and forward planning
- Attend / supervise any training and weekly staff meetings
- Be confident dealing with customers and managing guest expectations
- Able to work under pressure
- Previous experience as a supervisor or assistant manager within the conferencing department
- Great attitude towards work & colleagues
- Desire to learn new skills
- Experience working in a diverse environment
- Good communication skills
- Team-working skills
- Good people skills
Because of the high volumes of applications our opportunities attract, it sometimes takes us time to review and consider them all. We endeavour to respond to every application we receive within 14 days. If you haven't heard from us within that time frame or should you have any specific questions about this or other applications for positions at THG please contact one of our Talent team to discuss further.
THG is committed to creating a diverse & inclusive environment and hence welcomes applications from all sections of the community.
Apply for this job