Commis Chef - King Street Townhouse Hotel
Manchester, United Kingdom
THG is a fast-moving, global technology business that specialises in taking brands direct to consumers. Our world-class proprietary tech and infrastructure powers our extensive portfolio of beauty, nutrition and lifestyle brands and is now helping drive exponential growth of our clients’ brands globally.
We’re powered by a global team of over 10,000 ambitious people around the world. Our culture is fast-paced and entrepreneurial, it’s this DNA that has supported our incredible growth.
We’re always looking for individuals that can bring fresh and innovative thinking to THG, and play a part in driving the group forward on its exciting journey. So, if you’re ready to take the next big step in your career, challenge yourself every day and evolve with the world around you, THG is ready for you.
We are currently recruiting for an experienced Commis Chef to join us at King Street Townhouse Hotel.
We are looking for a talented, passionate individual to join our team and create memorable guest experiences. You will be responsible for maintaining the highest standard of professionalism in all areas of operation and carry out all duties to our world class standards.
- Fantastic bedroom rates for yourself and F&F
- 20% off dining at the hotel
- 50% off dining at Hale Country Club & Spa, also 50% discount on monthly club membership
- Up to 50% discounts on THG brands, including Myprotein, Lookfantastic, ESPA and many more!
- Onsite GP (avoid the waits!)
- Onsite physiotherapist
- Annual leave entitlement rising every year with service plus your birthday off
- Meals provided when on duty
About THG Experience
THG Experience is home to our portfolio of prestige event locations and luxury properties - including Hale Country Club & Spa, King Street Townhouse Hotel, Great John Street Hotel and 100 King Street. Through these venues, we create exceptional experiences, services and content - all of which ensure that our portfolio of brands and partners make real-world connections with their customers that create a lasting impact.
We also collaborate closely with THG Society, our influencer marketing platform, which allows brands to access extraordinary locations, create content and host events with influencers and clients.
THG Experience is perfectly positioned to deliver rapid growth for THG’s fast-moving, global brands. It’s an incredibly exciting time to be joining the team.
Reports to: Head Chef
- Adhere to all client and company Health & Safety policies and procedures at all times e.g. Food Handling, Manual handling, Fire procedures.
- Complete, maintain and update all Food Safety and Health & Safety paperwork correctly on a continual basis to ensure full compliance.
- Maintain the cleanliness of all kitchens and surrounding working areas ensuring health & safety hazards, issues, near misses & accidents are reported to your line Manager at the earliest opportunity.
- Ensure food production methods and all meals are delivered to the required quality standards at the specified times to create a consistent customer experience and avoid any service failures or penalties.
- Ensure all equipment and machinery is in safe working order; all faults/repairs are reported to your line Manager at the first opportunity.
- Provide the highest level of customer service by demonstrating THG values and behaviours at all times to colleagues, customers and clients.
- Check invoices and delivery notes and report any anomalies to your line manager.
- Assist with the receipt, correct storage and quality of food supply and report any concerns or observations to your Line Manager.
- Ensure hot plate procedures including Food Information Regulations and Reference Intake labelling are in place and followed by the team.
- Ensure the recovery and storage of food and correct labelling procedures are followed.
- Follow all recipes provided to ensure full compliance with nutritional/dietary requirements.
- Comply with menu cycles reporting any discrepancies to your line Manager.
- Assist with conducting and monitoring all stocktaking procedures ensuring minimal risk of waste.
- Attend regular training as directed by your line Manager according to the requirements of the company.
- Be flexible and comply with any reasonable requests made by your line Manager including if necessary working within other units within reasonable distance.
Responsibilities of a Commis Chef
- Overseeing Operations: Commis Chef assists in the daily operations of the kitchen.
- Innovation: To work with the Head Chef/Sous Chef to implement new and innovative menu ideas and concepts.
- Training and Education: To develop and train with the Head Chef/Sous to improve culinary skills and abilities.
- Safety Regulations: All safety regulations must be followed by the Commis Chef to ensure employee safety and restaurant cleanliness. All HACCP, Health & Safety, Kitchen & food safety paperwork must be maintained to the highest stands.
- Customer Satisfaction: Commis chefs ensure customer satisfaction and seek feedback on menu items.
- Maintaining Quality: To be successful, a commis chef must continually check the quality of the culinary product.
- Administrative Duties: To complete all kitchen paperwork, health & safety and food safety documentation as instructed by the head chef/sous chef.
Because of the high volumes of applications our opportunities attract, it sometimes takes us time to review and consider them all. We endeavour to respond to every application we receive within 14 days. If you haven't heard from us within that time frame or should you have any specific questions about this or other applications for positions at THG please contact one of our Talent team to discuss further.
THG is committed to creating a diverse & inclusive environment and hence welcomes applications from all sections of the community.
Apply for this job